Anyone else have swallowing problems after 4 level neck fusion?  I am three weeks out from operation and cannot eat any solid food because I choke on it.  I am losing weight daily and am very upset with my new problem.  Even liquids are difficult to swallow.

I do not remember my husband having swallowing problems to that extent EVER, but he is on his 7th year with his plate and he sometimes does have some problems with swallowing certain food and drink, but mostly large pills.  I think it will get better after the swelling goes down in your neck.  One thing he has always had is the ability to turn his head all the way, which affects looking around while driving or to see things.  He depends on mirrors a lot more.  Hope this helps, just let it have time for swelling to go down, and if you get too bad definately ask your doctor before your loose too awful much weight.

I had surgery about two weeks ago. The second day after surgery, I could not swallow I was choking and I thought I was going to drown. It was a horrible feeling. I'm much better now. Go see the doctor tomorrow. How long before you can drive after next surgery?