Hello Out there:

I had a face and neck lift 3 years ago this fall. It all went fine.

How ever I did start snoring right after having the surgery.

I also noticed about a year ago I can not swallow as many vitiamins

at one time like I used to. I also feel like they get stuck on the way

down and drink lots of water to send them along.

My snoring is loud and I feel like my wind pipe closes or falls down

when I lay down on my back.  I have now been sleeping on my side.

I was always a back sleeper. My Husband wakes me up when I snore

because he thinks I am not getting any air..It scares him.

I asked my Dr. if this ever happened to anyone else and he said no.

Now I went to my reg. Primary Care Physican and he wants to send me

to a sleep clinic for tests.

What I want to know is this....Has this happened to anyone who had a

neck lift surgery?

How about considering some kind of evaluation for sleep apnea?

I had a necklift done 4 years ago and have suffered everyday since, i get swallowing spasms in my throat which can be frigtening at times and it seems that my thorat has become narrower than it use to be, i have written to the consultant many times in the early days but he says it has never happened to anyone else he has operated on, i am suffering every single day and i really dont know who to go and see about this my GP wont understand because it was self inflicted, can you suggest anything please i wish i could turn the clock back it has ruined my life....

This can happen for sure! I know you are not imagining it! I hope you can find a non surgical solution to your snoring problem. 

Snoring can be an indicator of so many different medical problems, and with the other problems you describe I bet your diagnostic is correct. 

I'd definitely suggest going for a sleep study. It sounds like sleep apnea in many ways. My dad suffers terribly with apnea which went undiagnosed for decades. He woke frequently, snored terribly (my mom started sleeping in the dining room just to escape the noise), and was tired all of the time. He finally went for the sleep study, was diagnosed with severe apnea, and was prescribed a CPAP machine. While he was waiting for all of that to happen, though, he had purchased a number of different stop snoring aids. He swore by it, and my mom said it enabled her to go back into their bedroom again. That was one heck of a lot better than the dining room floor! I wish you luck with your sleep study, and hope that product works for you in the meantime.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I had face and necklift 3 months ago and I am having the same issue. Husband is very concerned. I gag and snore and am always tired.

I had neck lift January 2017. I accepted it feeling tight etc at first but have gradually had throat problems. I have developed a cough which has lasted a year. GP arranged a chest Xray and I had all clear. GP pescribed nose inhalers. I am worried about possible throat cancer and will be asking for an Xray. Now wondering if neck lift has caused this problem? Please advise.

I had a neck lift 6 years ago, and ever since have had throat-constricted sleep apnea as well as problems with coughing and swallowing large pills. I also used to be a singer and my singing voice was ruined. None of these were mentioned prior to surgery. I look great, but wish I hadn't done it.

Sounds exactly like what I’m going through 3 months after lower face and neck lift. I have the feeling that food is getting caught in my throat and if I cough I will usually cough up pieces of food.
I’ve never had an issue with snoring but now I snore terribly and my husband says I make some choking sounds. He says he’s afraid that I am going to stop breathing. I’m hoping that after 6 months I will have healed a lot more and it will stop.