Hello I would like to talk to you about my problem I am 41 years old and I have been having trouble sleeping in past few weeks. I only turn in bed from one side to the other and that is it. I have been using Ambien and it proved really helpful, but on several occasions I took it during day and later I did not have any memories of what I have done. So I am thinking about switching Ambien to Restoril. Is that a right choice?

Well, I have to tell you that there is no medication without possible side effects. With that in mind, perhaps you should reconsider the switching option. I remember that my friend have been using restoril and he had same memory loss problems. But at least he was well rested. Anyway, since you are experiencing memory loss, you should report that to your therapist. Consult him on what to do next Simple meds switching cannot always help.