if i am pregnant, and take ambien, and have a glass of wine once in a while, will mixing ambien and alcohol cause mental probs with my baby?

The bottle should say weither or not you can mix with alcohol.

I suggest mixing carefuly, anyways.

A glass of wine takes (On average) one hour to be completly filtered by your liver from your bloodstream.

So, do you think you could seperate it? Drink a glass of wine, then an hour later, take the ambien?

How ofte are you having this wine? Personally, as a pregnant mother, I wouldn't touch either of them. I have horrible insomnia since I've been pregnant, but just make the sleep up else where.

Consult your OBGYN. I am sure they will say not to drink. It is always better to be on the safe side. And since you already have to take a drug, it might be best to not add what is not neccessary.

I have heart problems and was told that one glass a WEEK would be ideal for me. This was to help relax my body and heart. But as soon as I became pregnant, I stopped drinking that one glass a week.

Okay, when I posted last time I did not know that Ambien was a sleeping pill. If you are taking it to help you sleep, just don't take it anymore. If you are taking it for other reasons(depression so on...), I am sure it is under Doctor's supervision and you will be fine. I know that one if the items in Ambien can be transfered in breastfeeding and the effects on an infant is not yet known. As for pregnancy, I am not sure about the effects if any.

First, once you have the baby sleepless nights will be the norm. And you will need to be alert enough to hear the baby at night for nightly feedings, diaper changes or just attention if needed. I don't recommend sleeping pills with an infant or even young children in the house at all unless there is another adult to care for them.

As far as drinking I would tell you OBGYN you have been or want to know if it is okay. I would also tell your OBGYN that you are taking Ambien if they don't already know.

Ambien is fine in pregnancy. But I would not mix with alcohol, pregnant or not that isnt a good idea.

I am pregnant, and I used to take ambien all the time to sleep.
As soon as I read an article that AMBIEN CAN CAUSE BIRTH DEFECTS I stop using!!! don't take it anymore. o.O