just started taking cymbalta. makes me tired during the day so i am trying it at night, but can't sleep. can i take my ambien 10 with it?

There are no reported interactions between these two drugs but you better discuss these things with your doctor.

I think that Ambien can be taken for only two weeks. I was on it and that was all that was allowed. Ask your doctor.

I have been taking a cocktail of medicines for about 4 years:
Ambien 13.5mg
Zoloft that was switched to Cymbalta 60mg a year ago
Valium
Remeron

I have nerve pain, a sleep disorder and depression (maybe).

When I had no health insurance and my scripts ran out, I skipped a car payment to get my ambien and Cymbalta. Try staying awake for days in constant Pain.

I take cymbalta 30 mg at dinner time and trozadone at night for sleep aid. Sometimes during the day I take 1 mg for lorazapram for anxiety and it seems to help with the side effects of the anti depressant.

I have also been on cymbalta for about 9 mos. Since starting any anti-depressants, i started having bouts of insomnia. The older i get, the worse they are. My Doc prescribes lunesta (too druggy in the AM) and lately ambien. The are ok to take together, but i have found the alcohol consumption problem with cymbalta to be 100 fold worse with ambien.

I have never been a big drinker, but i also have trouble stopping drinking. With Ambien, the initial effect is a more intense buzz, and ultimately black out. Even from one beer!!! And i am a 220 lb guy!! Watch out with the drinking, i have had entire conversations with my wife and not remembered a thing!!

ambien and booze are really a bad combo. blackouts are not at all unusual, nor is sleep walking at night. not sure if the anti-depressant added as a 3rd variable makes a difference.

supposed to take cymbalta right before u goto bed, its time released...so u take it at night, kicks in for the morning at least thats how i do it works great

I feel your pain...I'm in the same boat. I've been taking Ambien for over a year and I just started cymbalta 3 days ago. So far the combination hasn't been detrimental.

If you can't stop drinking maybe you need to enter a drug addiction program !!! It can be FATAL to mix your pills with alcohol !!!!

I can relate. Sorry we suffer but we are not alone.

Been on ambien for 7 years... It's a very mild drug... Although now being possibly linked to some memory issues... Very hard to wean off but you have to weigh the options... I choose sleep.

If your doctor prescribes it, you can get it. It will cost about $54 for the month. Ambien was the one thing that made me stop drinking at night to sleep. Been four years now. No more alcoholism. Thank goodness i can buy ambien.

I have been taking ambien for 6 yrs

Can I take stilnox with cymbalta