is it safe to take ambien and suboxone on the same day. I'm feeling a little bit light headed and foggy.

I am interested eto find out about ambien and suboxone as well.. there are alot of nights that i have a hard time falling to sleep. I do not like to take clonazapam, but would really like to take my ambien again, but my sister has URGED me NOT to take these sleep aids if i take suboxone the same day.

Does anyone know if this is safe?

I am on suboxone and during my first several nights, my doctor had me take ambien and clonidine to help me sleep. As long as your doctor knows about it, there is nothing wrong with it. No danger.

Guest wrote:

This is bad advice as taking subutex and ambien can cause you to stop breathing, this happened to me however it gave me the willpower to quit both drugs. Ambien really makes you forget what you are have done, when you wake up dead the doc will say that you were just a drug addict like Heath Ledger etc. This is a deadly combo...

I am on 16mg Suboxone and Ambien CR 12.5mg. I take the Suboxone in the morning and the Ambien CR at night. My advice would be to talk to your doctor about it. I have been on Suboxone for 6 months and Ambien for a year. I don't recommend it, if you can find a way to sleep without it, but it hasn't killed me, yet.

It's been two days now, and I can't get use to the daylight savings time. I'm on Ambien CR 12.5, one at bedtime. Because it doesn't work with me alone, I also take Tamazepam 30mg. During the day, I'm on 16mg of Suboxone when I wake up at 5:00am, another 8mg at noon, and then 8mg later on in the afternoon. So that's 32mg of Sub. I try to take my nitetime meds around 8:00 to 8:30, and then by 9:00....I'm yesterday's newspaper....line the bottom of the birdcage with me. Spouse spends 15 mins every morning...telling me about the things that I did the night before. Some are funny...some scare the hell out of me. Like most of you that take Suboxone, I was (not) dependent on Percocets...I used them for pain reduction. I admit I was not very responsible with the quantity of meds I took to reduce the pain, however...I took them 'till the pain stopped. Now with Suboxone...it doesn't stop the pain...so the doc also put me on..Lyrica 100mg every morning, noon and night. He also through in Cymbalta 60mg in the morning and then at night. I still hurt...but after spending some time on the net today researching my med list... I think I will try and take Temazepam off of my list...as I see it is a Benzo*, (whatever that is) and shouldn't be taken with Suboxone. We will see if the stories my wife has to tell me in the mornings get shorter...... (hopefuly)

Ceegster wrote:

If you're having memory problems it's most likely the Ambien. Talk to your Dr. about trying Lunesta. I've been on both with suboxone, had the issues you mention with the Ambien, but not with the Lunesta (over a period of six months). Hope this helps.

Ok This is a response to multiple people. FIRST OF ALL IT IS SAFE TO TAKE AMBIEN WITH SUBOXONE. The chemicals are not ones that affect each other, so they work independently of each other. I am prescribed to both Ambien and just got prescribed Suboxone. I've taken Ambien with suboxone many times and it is fine. You can and should take 4mg (depending on your tolerance maybe more or less) before bed with Ambien so you don't withdrawal while sleeping and wake up during the middle of the night.

THIS PART IS IMPORTANT - If you haven't yet started Suboxone, it is not a drug that should be taken continuously. Don't let your body become dependent on it, only take it for the length of the withdrawal of the opiates you are suffering from. I. E. - A person's physical withdrawal is 7 days long from a year's worth of Oxymorphone(Opana) addiction. Take two weeks worth of suboxone and then stop, take a little less starting the second week every 2 days and only take one suboxone on the last one or two days.

I was an addict to opiates for a year, was prescribed Suboxone, and only took it for the period of physical withdrawal (7 days) and one week for mental withdrawal (another 7 days). I stopped taking it and am now clean and feel great.

P.S. MEMORY LOSS FROM THE NIGHT BEFORE ISN'T FROM AMBIEN, IT IS FROM BENZO's such as Xanax, valium etc.

Ok one to the person who said memory loss is not from the ambien that is not true. I have been taking ambien for almost 3 years from having heart surgery. I have a mechanical heart valve and i heart the tick at night and just like every other drug you build a tolerance to the ambien after a while and need more i would get up to 30mg a night and would wake up and done things i would of never normally done. ambien is in the class of drugs as hypnotics and will cause you to black out and not have control over what you do. I ended up in the ER because i took 2 pills blacked out and took the rest of the bottle. The ER doctor told me ambien can be a nasty drug and its common for people to do exactly what i did. Just be carful with it. best thing to do is hide the bottle from yourself some how. If you don't belive what Im telling you then just google ambien stories and you will see many stories of people doing things and not remembering. many people have woken up in jails for doing things they would normally not do

i think it is VERY dangerous to give the advice that any med combo is safe because of personnal experience alone. i got on to find out myself if suboxone and ambien mix is safe and for cryin out loud im more confused than ever. besides, everyone is different. ambien absolutely gives me memory loss and i have done some stuff that just dont make good sense while on it but wont remember till i see the evidence the next day!  LOL thank God nothing dangerous. i think im gonna stick with getting docs advice on the matter. ive read sooo many stories but they range from one end to the other and who knows where we all fall in....anywhere from the person with no effects to the person that woke up in jail.

I was in the Hospital and they were giving me suboxone 2mg/0.5mg 3 times a day for two days then it went to 2 times a day and they would give me ambien 10mg everynight to sleep at night so I would think it would be ok but everyone is not the same when it comes to how the body work with meds

I had started on Suboxone in July of 2010 and became real restless and couldn't sleep. My pain doctor told me to take a half a suboxone along with Metaxalone (muscle relaxant), 25mg of Hydroxzine (antihistamine), and 5 mg of Zolpidem (sleeping pill). I took them as directed and woke up 13 days later in ICU with a trache which had been surgically placed in my neck, and feeding tube, and very swollen. I stayed a total of 21 days in ICU. The red  cross had even sent for my son, a Marine, to come home so he could tell me  good bye before I died. Through the grace of God and the doctors and nurses who worked on me I managed to survive. I don't know if anyone else has ever had the same effect or not. I often felt my pain doctor was negligent with my care, but perhaps I was just an unusual patient and the same meds given to someone else would not have had the same effects. It was very scary and I still suffer from problems from having the trache put in.

there is nothing wrong or nothing will happen as long as you dont take more than you should of the ambien. ive taken ambien and suboxone (16m) for almost a yr now and have not had any bad side effects. Both my doctors know i take each medice and say its safe.....

Don't listen to this m***n....suboxone can and is used as a long term medication if you have a serious addiction to opiates and other severe drugs. New studies have found it to help alcoholism as well. It has no craving values as the other drugs and is a great long term preventative from opiates. Now in the United states it hasn't been arround very long , but the bases of the drug has been used in other countries since the late1970's. Found to have safer side effects and no addictive qualities it is a great alternative to methadone which has a much greater death rate. It acts like a sedative if taken in large amounts and as little as 2mg can be taken effectively to treat the addiction. Now one statement is correct. Suboxone should not be taken a different times of the day. Because of the chemical make up of Buenepinephrine and narcan and the long lasting effects, once a day after one has stabilized on a dose will work just fine. In fact stabilizing your dose well limit the small amount of side effects you may have on this medication. Now the comment about the ambien not being responsible for the loss of memories is assanine.....that medication has been proven time and time again to be directly linked to sleep driving, sleep walking, unwilling intercourse and a bunch of other severe side effects with memory loss at the top of the list. So go ahead and take your ambien and if you find out (if your a female) one day your pregnant and you don't remember having unprotected sex and you have a supply of ambien or a friend close to you does (of the opposite sex) then you may want to just think about that as being the culprit. If you take the drug and you want to see for yourself, just ask a trusted significant other for yourself. Do your own tests and you will see yourself

Sounds like your all just a bunch of dam drug addicted drug crazed idiots!