Hello! Is there anybody who has mixed adderall and ambient. Is this safe to do? All replies and experiences are welcome!!!!

I honestly don’t know about these two drugs, but I have used Ambien for insomnia and I know for sure that if used with some other medc can increase, decrease and alter their affects. So, if you are thinking about having both of these at the same time, it would be best you talked to your doctor!!!!

I am prescribed both adderall and ambien. If you take adderall in the morning and take it at night, its fine.
However, if you are taking large amounts of adderall (with or without a prescription) the ambien won't put you to sleep right away.

I took 100 mg of adderall one day and took 1 ambien and it made me more relaxed and sleepy but wouldnt put me to sleep.

Adderall causes insane insomnia, if you take it after noon you won't be able to sleep.

Whenever I have taken Adderall during the day and Ambien at night. The Ambien knocks me out within 20 minutes, but within those 20 minutes is what counts! Sometimes the combination causes me to hallucinate, especially on the computer screen. I have felt a little sick once or twice when I mixed them.

im taking these medications together... i just want to know if its safe?..

My brother was on adderall and zoloft for several years. Little did he know that he was basically being poisoned. Eventually he went completely crazy. This man who for most of his life was a very intelligent, well spoken and articulate professional became an ENTIRELY different person over time. Toward the end of his time on these combined drugs, he started making decisions that he normally would have never made. In the end, he ended up in jail, lost his family, lost his job and lost the respect that he had from many people in his community. This quiet, very well educated man is now a basketcase. He lives his life with a severe heart problem, he is unemployed and will probably never again have a job that he went to college for 12 years to obtain. It's a very sad thing.

I take a lot of stuff, including adderall and ambien (actually a generic called zolidem which imo is stronger despite being a generic). Anyway, when I mix the two very close together I get an incredibly euphoric feel, but when I wake up, it feels as if my heart is beating irregularly. I'm quite sure the combination is dangerous for your heart over the long run.

Please pardon the spelling, grammar and usage. I ms very tired. I assure you, I am not a junkie ;-)

I visit a board certified psychiatrist for adult ADD. I make and keep regular appointments. My psychiatrist and I can openly discuss my meds as well as my general well-being. I take adderal XR. We have tried different sleep meds (melatonin, trazadome, etc,) which all had poor results. Since beginning ambien, I am relived to know that I can count on a good night sleep. For those who take either adderall or ambien for legit reasons, kudos for not selling your rx. On the other hand, the drug seekers need to find a new game. These drugs are available by prescription only! I feel no remorse for the "I smoked weed, cocaine and ambien and something bad happened" idiots. It is available by prescription only for a reason!
I also think that people who"shop" for a doctor based upon the fact that he likes to write prescription like they are coupons for the grocery store, need treatment. And to those doctors with quick pens and samples galore, chill out. Your professional image in on the line. Please be responsible when writing scripts,
Recently, a "friend" (if you could call her than) arrived fresh from re-hab to a psychiatrists office. She left with ambian and adderall. No wonder the world is so fdup. I am sure she lied about her addictions to the Dr. but her family knew what she was doing. Yikess....................

I am sure that there are other patients like myself who use their medications responsibly. It is just irritating when I leave the building my psychiatrist's office is in only to be begged for "just a few plase" SECURITY!!! :-)

I am replying to the person that was asking is it safe to mix ambient & adderall. I am not a doctor, but me & my friend back in the day thought it would be funny to see what would happened. Basically in easy words...I felt like I was retarded. We looked at each other & we didn't even look like ourselves. It looked like a totally different person next to me. We weren't able to do simple tasks either. I think it's safe to say...it's not safe lol

I am a healthy 29 y/o male w/ ADHD. Like the person a few posts up from me I see a therapist every week to work on dealing with my ADHD and a Psychiatrist monthly to receive my prescription and discuss how my treatment is going. I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was 15 but my parents opted to not have me medicated because aside from being "unruly" and a "daydreamer" my grades were somehow ok.

I have been taking Adderall ( short acting) for about 2 months now. My Dr. started me on 10mg. 2x a day and now I am 20mg. 2x a day. I could take the XR, but due to my work schedule I sometimes do not need the medication in the AM/PM.

I have always had trouble sleeping and my Drs. believe this is in large part due to my ADHD causing my mind to be hyperactive when trying to sleep. The insomnia I have while taking the medication is a bit worse than what I normally experience, but manageable if I watch my dosage times and/or do not have to be up early in the AM. On a few occasions I have needed to work a long day ( and be on point) so I would take my 2 doses as normal, but then have to be up early and do it again. I asked my mother if she could send me a few ambien for these occasions and after a little online research came up with nothing much in the way of adverse reactions. There are definitely interactions between Adderall ( a stimulant) and drugs such as Xanax which is a Benzodiazapam because these drugs have exactly the opposite effect on the CNS, which basically negates them if taken together, and decrease the effectiveness if take apart ( due to the drug half life in the body I suspect).

I was definitely out of it 30 mins after taking the Ambien, and fast asleep soon after. I did not take the Ambien W/ MY ADDERALL!!, I waited for it to be worn off for at least 3 hours. I am going to see my Dr. tomorrow for our monthly visit and will ask her if she thinks a prescription for Ambien would be safe and appropriate for my needs.

Like most of the people who go on these forums I was younger once and definitely experimented with hard drugs, but these days I need the meds. to be healthy, happy, productive part of society. If you are taking Adderall or other ADHD medications without a prescription and without talking to a Dr. you are putting yourself at a huge risk for problems down the road. Amphetamines can worsen a slew of conditions that you may not even know about yet, such as heart problems, bio-polar disorder, impotence ( it is a vasoconstrictor, if you cant get it up now, you wont be able to on it or later) and strokes. Why take the chance of harming your body for the future just for a few hours of fun or energy? Personally I would take the high from a great night of sex over drugs any day!

Anyways, dont know where I was going with all that but I will get back to this thread after seeing my Dr. tomorrow and let you know.
Does anyone know of a good forum for people with ADHD who are on meds, that does not have all the drug seekers? It is so hard to find a real conversation about this stuff with people who use it daily for the purpose in which it was given.

I doubt that it is safe, but people do it all the time and dont have problems. One med brings you up , the other takes you down . It isnt safe because the heart is working to hard to bring you up and down .. if that makes sense. However, i have done it and do it occasionally i just try not to do it often .

Mixing these two drugs on a very routine schedule is not harmful to your BODY. There are two problems that I have found with the combination of these two drugs. First, when a patient abuses the scheduling part of taking these medications it can be damaging to the patient. A patient should have a regular routine of waking up at the same time every morning and going to bed at the same time every night in order for this combination of prescriptions to work. The second problem with the combination of Adderall and Ambien is that these drugs meddle with the chemicals in your brain, and anytime you're dealing with the brain, the potential impact on your life and the people around you can be drastic. Be ready for mood swings, hallucinations, depression, feelings of invincibility, and so much more if you chance taking both of these medications.

I love Ambien, Ambien is the strongest best sleep medication I have ever found, I usually buy it from ***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed online pharmacy, and you know whats funny? if you take 2 pills of ambien with a bit of liquor/alcohol lets say one shot of whiskey or tequila, then it will act the same or worse than roofies ! you will encouter complete memory loss.

I feel obligated to chime in here. I HAVE expeienced this powerful combo of pharms before. My best friend and I (who were both being prescribed adderall at the time I got Ambien) one day, decided we would, "each take too." Yes we had been smoking some dank and came up with the wonderfully STUPID idea to mix counteracting pharms and see what they'll do =D Sounds wonderfully planned out. We both agreed that we might die (first hypothesis). The dialogue got more stupid by the second and my memory was gone that day, so I'll try to remember as much as possible.

For added suspense/differentiation, we decided to test this flight during the day. Short version: It was FREAKING AWESOME... Think all the goofy sh*t that goes on when you don't sleep on ambien, multiply that with amps and that is EXACTLY what you get... It was the most wonderful 2-person party EVER.

Nowhere in what I just wrote was intended to glorify this. What I did then (and will never do again) could have been incredibly dangerous. Just get some good bud, and I don't care what age you are. If you're going down this path anyway, I would suggest doing it once, cause we did things [research datura] but not so much the effects, but in the "doing silly or possibly lewd things in front of people" or "why the f**k are we even outside, and where did I find these old briefs?"

DISCLAIMER: At no point in this rambling, should any attempt be made to extract any knowledge from this, except that you simply, ever mix amps and seds. That is all... Do what you will, but don't blame me if they don't find you til 2 days later...

You...are not very intelligent. Those are the effects of ambien. I have been prescribed it for some time. Of course you couldn't do simple tasks m***n because you take it to GO TO SLEEP. It causes hallucinations and impairs motor functions as well as speech. Babbling moronic oaf...