i have a friend that is taking a seroquil,ambien, lexapro and cymbalta combined. he was in an auto accident after taking the combined meds and was arrested for driving while intoxicated when in fact he was not drinking. is this a dangerous combination to take??

I don't know but you definitely should not drive while ambien is in your system and that seems like a lot of meds for anyone who is not a senior citizen.

Hello there,

All these medications! Why is he taking all that meds?

Is your friend diagnosed with some kind of very serious condition or he is trying to be high by using medications?

Anyway you should try to talk to him about this and since he has been arrested he will probably have to deal with some consequences. It would be good if you could convince him how this behavior isn’t good and not that he can harm himself but he can hurt somebody else.

If you can’t reach to him than try to talk to someone in his family and tell them what is going on with him in case they don’t know. I hope that you will manage to help him.

I am coming up to 23 years and have been on the same meds for 3 years.. diagnosed with bipolar 2, depression, severe insomnia, and add. Meds include seroquel 300mg, lexapro 40mg, ambien 10mg, lithium 1200mg, temazepam 30mg, and adderall.. and 2 other meds. I've had some peoples mouths drop open when they hear my list. Seroquel is a very powerful anti psychotic with strong drowsiness effects. Ambien is a hypno sedative meaning it has qualities similar to benzodiazepines (xanax, ativan..etc) but isn't considered a narcotic and doesn't have the high risk of dependency/abuse. Some people react to sleep meds fine and others can experience sleep walking/talking/eating/sex.. and driving with actually still being asleep but appearing awake.. answering questions, and not remember any of it when waking up. Could appear as if someone has been drinking because of slurred speech and loss of balance and coordination. If he took a breathalyzer and passed but they still had suspicion they should have taken a blood sample at the station which would have been accurate. Are you sure he wasn't charged with operating while intoxicated of drugs? That would be more understandable. Get a lawyer and get documents from PCP of them being prescribed. Hope any of that long information helps someone out.. :)))