This morning i noticed a that on the underside of my tongue one of my veins is enlarged..not the whole vein but just like a small red bump. It is very uncomfortable and i have no idea how this came about. I do not have any piercings or eaten anything different so i dont know what caused this. I appreciate any and every advice thanks.
~lmarie

I suppose that the discomfort comes from not knowing what this could be. However, this is nothing dangerous and it just happens with age.
It is a varicose vein under your tongue, nothing dangerous and the risks of developing them increase with age. They are also called “caviar lesions”.
Around 10% of people who turn forty have them and there is no treatment because it is not necessary.
Do the bumps look like a small purple or dark blue round bump? If yes, this is probably your case.
If you are uncertain about the whole thing, pay a visit to a dentist and see what they have to say although I think this is varicose vein of the tongue.