Hey guys I have been suffering with this weird oral issue for a while and wanted to see if I could possibly find out what it is.

So in Aug '12 I started dating this new girl. Gave her oral and now have these bumps on tongue. Timing seems to link it to an STD or something dont think it happened around same time as coincidence. http://imageshack.us/f/217/wp000538b.jpg/

About mid Sept I started feeling sick with cold/flu symptons that lasted for like a week then started getting this burning feeling around my mouth. Just kind of put it out of my mind as just a weird cold. Then beginning of Oct I noticed these bumps on my tongue and it started burning pretty bad. Just kind of dealt with it as best I could. I was away on business for several weeks so couldn't go to normal doctor. End of Oct started getting a fever and felt really fatigued. This whole time have had kind of a sore throat which isn't really off for me because I have always had enlarged tonsils and snore at night. On Oct 31st went to ER just to make sure I didn't have strep. Doctor literally looked in my mouth for like 3 seconds and said I didn't have strep but Ill give you some antibiotics to clear up what ever you have. So took the antibiotics and didn't seem to help much but a week ago most of the burning sensation is gone but still have the bumps on tip of tongue and feel like there's something at the back of my throat. Went to my primary doctor 11/12, she looked at them and wasn't sure what they were she scrapped them and looked at them under a microscope but she couldn't really find anything out of the ordinary. She thinks burning sensation(mostly gone now) might be caused my vitamin B deficiency so ordered blood work also running blood for everything else to see if any levels are out of wack. But never really said much else then that. Already checked with planned parenthood for other stds all neg and hiv neg. I feel like what ever it is I am going to get the run around from doctors not really sure what it is. 

Has anyone had similar experience? Does it look or sound like HPV or some other virus? Any help would be great. Thanks. 

Bumps at back of tongue (Sorry blue color is from a Popsicle) http://imageshack.us/a/img204/1465/wp000556.jpg 

Large bumps on side of tongue in back on both sides (I believe are lingual tonsils? as I mentioned before my other tonsils are almost always enlarged) 

http://imageshack.us/a/img163/6995/wp000564w.jpg

I have almost the same symptoms; lingual bumps on side of tongue, enlarged bumps in back of tongue, red bumps on tip of tongue... all started 2 days after performing oral on a girl.

I havent been to the doctor yet. Have you found out what it is/ has it gone away yet??

Hey this is the OP i cant remember my password. 

The burning sensation has gone away. I went and got checked out twice for everything they can check for(hiv, gon, clam, shyph, and even got the blood test done for herpes(the girl didnt tell me she had oral herpes before)) all came back negative. The only thing they couldnt test for was hpv, which I think I got from the girl found a small bump down below, not trying to scare you but thats what I found. But back to the mouth, if you google tongue pictures I found quiet a bit with normal looking tongues with those bumps, the large ones in the back and on the side are suppose to be there. The red bumps on the front tip of the tongue has died down a bit not nearly as badly enlarged but I still notice it but thats bc im paranoid about it. Most likely it was some sort of bacterial infection or irritation something got thrown out of whack from going down is the only thing I could figure out but this is purely speculation. Good luck and try not to dwell on it two much I pretty much have three months of my life lost to stress and everything trying to figure out what it is and no closer.

Have you found anything out? If you go see a doctor I would recommend a dentist, ear nose throat doctor someone that specializes in the mouth bc my general doctor wasnt much help in that area. 

I’m in the same situation had the bumps on my tounge for 10 months now Have seen the doctor at the miaxifacial unit and he basically just said that bumps around the mouth are common and there is nothing wrong, but I’m certain there is . Did any thing improve in your case?