hi , i have no idea what is going on in my mouth but im trying to do internet research before i make an appointment to see a doctor(which i am doing tomorrow) -- underneath of my tongue, there are 2 vertical vein type things.. maybe some kind of glands? and they are maybe swollen and look red with white things on the tips of the little veinish things that hang down and near the base of the underneath of my tongue on the 2 sides it looks like there are 2 dark holes or swollen areas and they are sore when they hit my teeth when i move my tongue around.. what is this? are they swollen glands? what could cause this .. . could this be a sign of hiv infection? because i read somewhere that swollen glands is a sign of hiv infection? does anyone have any advice or ideas at all?

I am doing research because I woke up today with symptoms so similiar to what you describe, I almost could have written it myself. I am wondering what the doctor said, and where you're at with this now? THANKS.

swollen glands are a sign of an infection. any infection. the possibility of you having HIV depends on what you have been exposed to (used needles, unsafe sex, born to an HIV-positive mother), but as an arbitrary symptom, swollen glands in your neck/throat area would mean an infection in that general area.

I have the exact same thing
Gonna get it looked at after weekend

good luck

I read the text about swollen veins under the tounge
I've had the same thing for a week now and it is getting worse. I can hardley eat without pain from the vein hitting my teeth..what can I do?

Did any of you get a diagnosis? I have this exact same thing and it's killing me. I am a tobacco user but the pain only started after I chomped my tongue while eating a burrito last week so I think it's an infection as opposed to the big casino.

ive been red swollen and sore under my tounge for 2 days. it has affected my inner lips and gums touching my tounge. i read online that it is probably an allergic reaction or an infected gland. they said to gargle with salt water. 1 cup really warm water and 2 tsps salt. it it didnt go away in 2 days to see a docter. i didnt think it would help really, but it did. it made me feel about 75% better. i put a little extra salt held the salt water in my mouth as long as i could, then spit it out and repeated, for a while.  it kind of burned for a few minutes afterwards, but felt a lot better a short time later. it worked so well i decided to come back to this page and let someone know.

I too have a whit thing that pops out of my vein that i have to rearrang with my tongue and my jaw swells on that side, what is it, should i go to the ER?

THANK YOU FOR THIS HELPFUL POST

No, this is not likely to be HIV. it looks as though you have ended up with an infection in your salivary glands. the 2 little black hole things are the ducts that excrete saliva. This is common and should be easily treated given there aren't any dire underlying causes.

you should make an appointment to get it seen by a doctor, at the very least you have something wrong with your temperomandibular joint.( jaw joint) you can get advice on how to treat that. Any white structures that are unusual in nature should be inspected straight away, it may be a harmless cyst or it could be cancer. It's always best to err on the side of caution with these things.

HI my name is courtney and i have a sore under neath my tongue and i was wonder what its called

I had something similar a while back, mine turned out to be a bad infection from a old abscess, the white things were the infection ,and the "veins" were actually a tunnel my body created to direct the infection of my jaw!! i popped the white dots with a scalple, infection started gushing out, big big time infection, i gargled with peroxide a few times a day, diluted with just a bit of water and within a week.. was all better, also, my heart was literally hurting every beat as the poisen was seeping into my blood from that infection!!! could have killed me I found out, make sure you dont swallow any of the infection if you pop it, or it ruptures on its own, spit that c**p out, its very toxic, your body creates a quarenteen to keep it from being absorbed by your body as much as possable, when it gets into your mouth, if you swallow it.. you know its going in your system! Not good, could also cause real problem.. just, go see a doc if you have insurance or the cash or just can afford to do that, if not, maybe do what i did, but I think thats something you shouldn't do if you can in any way afford a doc! I could have caused myself some very seriouse problems, I didn't realize it was so seriouse! Dont wait around, take care of it one way or another! God bless you friends I hope you do alright!!

thanks friend.. i will try today. cuz even myself is suffering with same problem since 2 days. just waiting, i thought it will go on its own. but your tip, i think would helpful to me. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I've been dealing with the same thing for the past 4 days. The vein under the left side of my toungue usually swells up whenever I eat. It wasn't overly painful just extremely annoying. I was looking at it today and I noticed a white spot on the tip. I set a doctors appointment because that's a sign of an infection. I was laying down just exploring it with my tongue and it popped in my mouth! This weird clear and bad tasting liquid came out so I spit it out trying not to swallow it. The pressure went away instantly and the swelling also went down. I'm going to go to sleep and see what happens in the morning.