I have a painful white.. pimple like bump on the far left side of my tongue. It's really sore, it's been there for about 3 days now. It looks as though the what part is puss, but if I try to "pop" it nothing happens. I am also experiencing a sore throat and swollen glands. I don't wanna over react and go to the doctor.. but it's getting annoying. Any suggestions!?!?

I have one of those too... :-D

Ya now i got that too, Im sick as it is right now, and i got one too right on the tip of my tounge, iv had it for about 3 days now and its really getting annoying

I have that annoying sore too ....a white small patch under the tongue .....I am scared it should not be cancer or some thing n:-(

i have that too...but all of us sharing we have sore bumps on our tounges doesn't answer questions as to what it is or what caused it...does anyone know the answer to that?

I had a bump that looking like zit on the tip of my tongue for over 5 monthes. Finally I accidently bit it, and it seemed to have a small hole on the tip. I took a pair of tweezers and pulled it open and pulled out a cyst like lump. Like w huge friggin white head. It immediately went away after that and I've had no more problems.

ya me 2

I had one yesterday, white bump left side of my tongue. It made me have a lisp. Anyways, all you have to do is get one piece of ice and stick it on there till its num. Then take nail clippers and pull it off VERY CAREFULLY!

you can do this with NO PAIN!

i had one a few days ago all it is is an irritating little bump caused by scraping your tongue. it will go away w/o treatment. dont do like me. i bit mine off. it will just make it worse. just bare through it.

that sounds exactly like what i woe up with this morning! Its red puffy and white at the tip right??? but its not at the tip like other say... its almost under my tounge on the right side... it doesnt hurt or anything but its annoying.. ive been googeling it for a while now but im not sure what it is or how i got it... if u find anything out please post and let me know! :-D

See a doctor. I thought I had cramps when it turned out to be a kidney infection. They know best. Don't take any chances.

I checked yesterday, and I have two white bumps on my toung. I rinsed with salt-water. Later on tonight I noticed 1 more underneath my toung covering that squirt sack on the left-side. My glad is a bit swollan too on the left-side. I was with this female on Friday night, only a kiss and then this. A bit worried, cause it's been a minute since I have seen this girl. I think I need to take a visit to the doctor, forreal.

IT COULD BE ANY NUMBER OF THINGS! However the MOST COMMON cause of this problem is EXPOSED TASTE BUDS! Excessive movement of your tongue scraping your teeth with your tongue, or if you grind your teeth non stop for a day the taste buds can get caught between your teeth, which causes them to pull up and be swollen and exposed this normally only lasts for about a day or two. I used to get them a lot when I was a drug user. Uppers made me constantly flip my tongue around, grind my teeth, clench my teeth, and play with my cheeks and bite the inside of my cheeks which also caused me to end up getting those taste buds in there. Nothing to fret. However! If they don't go away within 4DAYS MAX! go see a doctor, because it can also be a sign of a strain of oral cancer. if you wanna talk further feel free to email me. _[removed]_ OR IT COULD BE THIS For the PEOPLE WITH SWOLLEN GLANDS AND SORE THROAT.

Burning Mouth Syndrome

Burning mouth syndrome is a painful and often frustrating condition. Some patients compare it to having burned their mouth with hot coffee.

The burning sensation may affect the tongue, the roof of the mouth, the gums, the inside of the cheeks and the back of the mouth or throat. The condition sometimes is known as “burning tongue (or lips) syndrome,” “scalded mouth syndrome,” “glossodynia” and “stomatodynia.”

In addition to the burning sensation, other conditions—such as a dry or sore mouth or a tingling or numb sensation throughout the mouth and tongue—may occur. A bitter or metallic taste also may be present. This condition can affect men and women, but it is especially common in women during or after menopause.
WHAT CAUSES BURNING MOUTH SYNDROME?

The exact cause of burning mouth syndrome often is difficult to pinpoint. The disorder has long been linked to a variety of other conditions: menopause, diabetes, nutritional deficiencies, tongue thrusting, disorders of the mouth (oral thrush and dry mouth), acid reflux, cancer therapy (irradiation and chemotherapy) and psychological problems. Some researchers also have suggested dysfunction in the nerves supplying the mouth and tongue as a possible cause. Strictly speaking, the term “burning mouth syndrome” should be used only when a definite cause has not been found.

Once burning mouth syndrome begins, it may persist for many years. Patients who have it may awaken with no pain only to find that the burning sensation grows progressively worse during the day. They may have difficulty falling asleep. The discomfort and restlessness may cause mood changes, irritability, anxiety and depression.
HOW IS IT TREATED?

Your dentist can confirm the diagnosis and develop an appropriate treatment plan. The dentist will review your medical history and ask you to describe your symptoms.

First, any oral conditions causing the burning sensations should be investigated. For example, if you have dry mouth, your dentist may advise that you drink more fluids or may suggest saliva replacement products that can be purchased at a pharmacy. An oral swab or biopsy may be used to check for thrush, which is a fungal infection; thrush can be treated with oral anti-fungal medications. Any irritations caused by sharp or broken teeth or by a removable partial or full denture should be eliminated.

Other simple measures may help. Eliminate mouthwash, chewing gum, tobacco and very acidic liquids (certain fruit juices, soft drinks and coffee) for two weeks to see if there is any improvement. Consider trying a different brand of toothpaste (look for products with the ADA Seal of Acceptance).

Look up the side effects of any medications you are taking (such as those used to treat high blood pressure). You can ask a pharmacist, check a Physicians’ Desk Reference at the library or go to the Internet for this information. If any of your medications are reported to cause a burning sensation in the mouth, ask your physician to consider prescribing a substitute medication. Also, some medications can cause dry mouth, which might aggravate the condition.

If your dentist determines that no oral conditions are causing the burning sensation and the steps listed above do not resolve the problem, disorders such as diabetes, abnormal thyroid conditions, Sjögren’s syndrome (a rheumatological disorder), mineral deficiencies or food allergies should be investigated. This usually involves referral to your family physician and the use of blood tests.
SUMMARY

Start with the simple and eliminate various possibilities. Even if a cause cannot be found, a dentist working with your physician may recommend medications to provide relief of symptoms.

my tounge started with a little white bump on the tip of my tounge and then it grew just a little over night
i have tried to take it away with tweasers but it just bleed and hurt alot
i dont know what it is.
does anyone know what or how to treat it?
its been like a week! :'(

i have white bumps at the tip of my tongue and my tongue feels like its burning, i dont know what it is please help