I have heard somewhere that our tongues reflect the state of our digestive system. I was confused every time I went to physical exam they say to me:” stick your tongue out”… surprisingly it really have purpose. Does anybody know what parts of the tongue are for related with organs? I am especially curious about underside of the tongue? Thanks

Ok I can give you short explanation. The tip area of tongue reflects the rectum and the descending colon, the peripheral area reflects the large intestine and the middle region to small intestine. The back edge region relates to the liver, gallbladder, pancreas and duodenum, the neck back region reflects the esophagus and finally underside of tongue reflects quality of blood and lymph circulation in each corresponding area. I hope you’ll find this informative enough.