Hello! Our neighbor is told to have schitzophrenia, and I would sometimes hear him talk to himself. I would like to know what other symptoms show people who suffer from schitzophrenia. Thank you for your time.

Hi there! I ran into a subdivision of schizophrenic symptoms on “positive” and “ negative” symptoms. Positive symptoms would be: delusions, hallucinations, disorganized thinking and agitation. Negative would be: lack of drive or initiative, social withdrawal, apathy and emotional unresponsiveness. But you, there are a couple of types of schizophrenia. There is Paranoid schizophrenia when a person feels extremely suspicious, persecuted, grandiose, or experiences a combination of these emotions. Disorganized schizophrenia a person is often incoherent but may not have delusions. Catatonic schizophrenia a person is withdrawn, mute, negative and often assumes very unusual postures. Residual schizophrenia a person is no longer delusion or hallucinating, but has no motivation or interest in life

Hi Adena,

I see that you got a fairly comprehensive answer to your question. I noticed another post that expressed similar interest about schizophrenia as you upon coming across someone who may suffer from this illness. Here is what I said:

We have a few family members who suffer from schizophrenia. The first memory of it was from an uncle who became a victim to this illness and succumbed to it rather prematurely. I had asked my mother several times how and when my uncle's (her brother's) schizophrenia was first detected and she recounted certain clear symptoms such as the ones described below. But, what was important and what benefitted us greatly was people's awareness about this disorder and sensitivity towards those affected by it.

***edited by administrator***
***posting or advertising of other web addresses is not allowed***

Thanks for asking the question that you did.

Cheers,
Usha

I am borderline schitzophrenic and I'm only 15.Does it ever go away?
I see horrible images of dead people and suffering people.I am scared to
think in class because I know they can hear my thoughts.I swear they can! I hear screams and voices everyday and night.What do I do?
Sincerely yours,
C.M.

Dear C.M.
I am the father of a daughter aged 34 years of age, who had been diagnosed with Paranoid Scizophrenia 4 years ago.
From experience I can tell that it is extremely important to have the disease treated as soos as possible. Make an appointment with a phsychiatrist and have yourself evaluated - althought that might take as much as 30 days of observation, it is well woth it.
Good luck!

Dear C.M.
My mother has been diagnosed schizophrenic 35 years ago. I was only 5 at the time. She tends to display mostly paranoia and hallucinations. Especially when she has not been taking her medication. This is very scary to experience, not only for her, but for those close to her. Please get help. Not only to help yourself, but for family and friends that do love you and themselves don't know how to deal with this disease. God bless!
Liz

I would like to speak to the father who has a daughter diagnosed with schitzophrenia. I am seeking conservatorship because my daughter does not believe she is mentally ill. She is 27. I am seeking to get her treatment, although unwated, and get her on medication, that doctors tell me will help her illness and her ability to function more normally in her home setting. I need to find a good lawyer to help with this. Anyone able to help with recommendations in this area? We live in North Orange County.
Did you seek conservatorship of your 34 year old daughter? Were you able to get her help?
Thank you for your input and help. J.C.

dear CM,
My brother was diagnosed schizophrenia when i was 10 (he was 14). Its been almost 10 years now, and I am satisfied with all of the things ive learned in all of my brothers process.
My advice is the following: talk to your parents/guardians, and seek professional help. A phychiatrist would be awesome. If you find out you have it, dont worry, it can be controlled. There is no cure yet, but if controlled there is no harm. However, if you are diagnosed positive, your best allies will always be 1. the medication your phsychiatrist prescirbes you, 2. the treatment you recieve from your phsychiatrist, 3. the support of your family and friends.
I wish you the best!
God bless you!

Dear J.C.
Hi, mi dad has experience on this fields. His older son (my older brother) has schizophrenia since age 14, and he is a good lawyer.
If you have any questions, i can let him know. Send me an e-mail
_[removed]_

good luck!
Good Bless you!
-tom

Hi. I'm writing because my ex boyfriend claims to have ADHD and his dr is treating him for just that. However when he drinks he hallucinates, sees things and has conversations with people who aren't around. I have not actually seen this but he calls me and texts me when it is going on. He lives 2 hours away and I can be there. I get so scared! He talks about seeing the weirdest things and if I don't go along with it he gets mad at me, so sometimes I stay up all night long listening and being there. Somewhere I read that schizophrenics who drink alcohol hallucinate worse, and that seems to be the case... not ADHD. Is something like this developed over time? Or are the hallucinations a result of possible childhood abuse? Should he change his dr??
Please help!!

LMP

I always seem to hear my parents or my siblings calling me and they never do. I feel like people are watching me through open blinds and glass. I always feel like people are talking about me. I have terrible mood swings. I see people that want to hurt me in the shadows. Do i have schizophrenia ?

Hi cn someone tell me iff a syptom is hearing voices inside your head, like scuicidale ones?? x

I am sixteen and hallucinate as well, I see stuff like TV static and my mind creates pictures from them. I was officially diagnosed a week ago. From experience I do know that what you see comes from within your mind and that with willpower you can master it. I am currently turning the bloody skull on my dresser into my grandfathers rose garden. Also try not to feed the image too much, the more you stress it the more powerful it grows. I don't hear stuff though, that must really suck. As for going away part of that depends on you, the hallucinations last as long as your mind focuses on them, including your subconscious. That is why they may persist even if you try to make them go away. Controlling your whole thought train is the hardest part. Meditation and reflection and visualization have been a great help. Good luck.