My husband has had the case of schitzophrenia in his family. It is just one isolated case and I didn’t think too much about that before. We have 3 years old son, and I have started to worry about possibility of childhood schitzophrenia. I absolutely have not noticed anything that made me suspicious, but sometimes it just crosses my mind. Please post about this, if you know something about childhood schitzophrenia that is hereditary.

Childhood schizophrenia is very rare, much rarer that adults schizophrenia. Family history is important, because there is genetic component. But symptoms are very noticeable when occur. Seeing objects, hearing voices, extreme moodiness, fearfulness and confusion are some of the symptoms of childhood schizophrenia. It sometimes can be misdiagnosed with autism; sometimes hallucinations that occurred have nothing with this serious disease. I know families with genetic predispositions for schizophrenia that haven’t been exposed for many generations.
I hope this helped you.

My son is seven years old and was just put on serequel 3 days ago and he wakes up very emotional is that a side effect? And can you be expose by the sun while on this medication?