I know that the first signs of schizophrenia typically emerge in young people. This is usually happens in their teens or twenties or in rare cases, schizophrenia can appear in childhood. Since I have daughter that is 19 years old, I am afraid for her, because my mother had schizophrenia. Now I have noticed some symptoms with her, such as hallucinations, delusions, disordered thinking. Lately she starts some unusual speech or behavior, and social withdrawal, so I wonder is it schizophrenia?

A person with schizophrenia may not have any outward appearance of these disorders. In other cases, the illness may be more apparent, causing bizarre behaviors, something like you already said. For example, a person with schizophrenia may wear aluminum foil in the belief that it will stop one's thoughts from being broadcasted. Schizophrenia is a devastating brain disorder, and the most chronic and disabling of the severe mental illnesses. People with schizophrenia often suffer terrifying symptoms such as hearing internal voices not heard by others. They might believe that other people are reading their minds, controlling their thoughts, or plotting to harm them. These symptoms may leave them fearful and withdrawn, so they usually need help. Available treatments can relieve many symptoms, but most people with schizophrenia continue to suffer some symptoms throughout all their lives. If you doubt it is schizophrenia the best is to ask doctor’s opinion, maybe he might help her.