While I was in school, I have heard people saying for one girl she is schizophrenic. As I can see, she seems to be normal to me. Actually I have to admit I don’t know what schizophrenic person look like. I would like to know more about this disorder and how to recognize it. Also I would like to know if there is some treatment for them.

Schizophrenia is a brain disorder which is the most chronic and disabling of severe mental illnesses. People with schizophrenia usually suffer of terrifying symptoms. They hear some internal voices that are not heard by others, and believe that some other people can read their minds. They are afraid that someone will control their thoughts or plotting to harm them. All those symptoms may leave them fearful and withdrawn. Fist sign of schizophrenia typically emerge in young people in their teens or twenties. In rare case, schizophrenia can appear in childhood. Symptoms are hallucinations, delusions, disordered thinking, and unusual speech or behavior. There is also included and social withdrawal impair with ability to interact with others. Available treatment is helping to relieve symptoms but most of the people with schizophrenia continue to suffer some symptoms through their lives. New treatment advices particularly within the last decade have improved the outlook for many people with schizophrenia.