My doctor has suggested that I have syntex injected into my knee because I am experiencing pain from arthritis. I have had cortisone injected several times in the past and it worked well. Unfortunately, it did not work the last time. It costs $400 for 3 injections over a 3 month period. Is this a good thing to do? Is it effective? How long does it last? Thanks.

Its a drug that tells your body to shut up, its like taking a aspirin when your sick, it doesn't solve the problem, it just gets rid of the pain while the problem gets worse.  

My husbands Syntex shot lasted him almost a year.

does it cause large knots in the back of your knees ? After injections two years ago I have had 2 more knee surgerys

I have been getting these shots for over 5 years in right knee and one year in the other knee. I found the more you get the shots the longer the pain stays away. I have gone over 1 1/2 years in the right knee without a shot now. Pain at first stays away about 4-6 months but like I said the more you get the longer the pain stays away. Keeps me going with 2 4 year old grandchildren to watch. Avoiding knee replacements. Yes it is just a band aid for the major problems.