How to remove calcium deposits in knee joints as it effects my mobility?

Hello Kenneth,

I'm sure you have already tried some of these general advices to help you deal with calcium deposits, from over the counter anti inflammatory medication that help to somewhat reduce the swelling from deposits, to some form of physical therapy to help you restore at least some range of movement. Still, if your mobility is more and more reduced, the first option is to try cortisone shots, of course, administered by your doctor.

Even the cortisone shots work by reducing the swelling and deposits still remain. the only somewhat definite way to get rid of calcium deposits is to have arthroscopic surgery. This surgery permanently removes the deposits from your knee, through a small incision. The deposids usually don't form in the same spot again.

how to remove calcium deposit swelling on knee joints

Hi
I had knee surgery to the. Cartlidge only to be told I have calcium deposits in my knee
I am in agony have been for 4 months I had a shot to no effect
Have seen a reumertologist and he had never seen it in a 46 year old
Now waiting to see a orthopaedic surgeon to see what next
I have been told I will need a new knee but at 46 I am to young

Who should i contact for this surgery

You may not see this since your post is over a year old but just to let you know, I had major calcium deposits in both of my knees starting around 35 years old. Doctor diagnosed it as chondrocalcinosis. I am now 67 and had a total knee replacement this past April 2017. Will have the other one done in January. Sorry you have this problem at such a young age too.

keep pushing and don't be afraid to speak up with that pain I know how you feel I have been there you need to get this sorted soon.....it drives you mad

What is recovery time on this surgery?

It not necessary, ... do orthoscopic surgery to remove the calcium.
It's a small incision!

Have any of you looked into taking a nrf1&2 activator that works in your body to reduce stress on your body ...The calcuim deposits could be a result of oxidative stress ( junk every one of us has that builds up in our bodies and blocks our cells ) check out my website ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** posting of web addresses is not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use