Hello my name is Jennifer I have a 3 yr old son that lost both testes to testisle- tortion. As a newborn. Since the past 3 years I've done nothing but research even in other and every country hoping for a answer I have not gotten ...... yes it's upsetting to know my son..won't father his own kids but what about his health and cofidence with his self Physically and sexually and of course the side effects of long term high testosrone treatment my son always having to go the dr and being able of course financially to pay cause it's a big thing if a man has no testosrone in his body does or have his meds with no testicles.. aka trt treatment he will start to sound like a women and not grow facial hair chest hair or pubic hair and will also start losing muscle and turn in to a women. Wow that's really bad. How many people are out there there suffering and not saying something or standing up to have this transplant put on the market in the US. Not to father kids but just for the health and mental benefits aren't those IMPORANT !!! Today you can change your sex meaning I could get a. penis tomorrow if I wanted and a man could get a vargina ..so why was this so IMPORTANT but not a testicle transplant Today we live in America we need to stand up for are health and the health of others suffering and getting no answers ..e mail or comment me thanks for your time

Hey there,

Im very sorry to hear about your sons predicament i beleive the biggest reason that testicular transplants are not available is not necessarily because they wont take but because the sperm cells that would be generated would not be genetically the same.... essentially the childeren fathered from your son with the transplanted testical would technically be genetically the offspring of the man who donated the testicles. this tends to create a lot of moral/ethical questions. it is also possible that the testicles would not take because they dont last long without blood flow making transplanting difficult. 

I too am sorry about your sons loss.

Not to make it sound like a money issue but, as to the financial cost, if he had a testicle transplant he would be on rejection drugs for the rest of his life. 

For him, prosthetic testicles and the hormone therapy can help him with his body image.  He should be able to ejaculate normally as well, yes he's sterile however.  He should also be able to maintain his hormone levels.

Lastly, don't give up.  There are new advances happening all the time.

Thanks for the impute, I completely agree.... like Dan said there are always new advances in science and medicine and many people end up living normal or close to normal healthy lives if treated with hormone therapy and prosthetic testicular implants can greatly boost a guys confidence and self esteem.

We would be most appreciative if anyone could give us the name of any Dr's doing research and any institutions that have done transplants or stem cell work...I am a grandmother with grandson born with testicular torsion with surgical loss of one teste at age 6months...The one remaining is atrophied and possible posses a cancer threat if not removed..It has been recombined that we have it removed..His blood work indicates no hormonal activity at age 3 years 9 months...I am wondering what would be normal hormones and levels of a child with full anatomy at this age? There is very little data available to us....We certainly want to be informed so we can make the best decisions for our little guy so that he is healthy to live life the best that he can be... Here is a thought...It is standard medical practice for undescended testicles to wait until age 6 months before tests are done or surgery to descend is performed....If this should happen to our family again, we would demand immediate intervention incase the torsion could be fixed sooner and the testicles saved...My grandson was uncomfortable for six months, and had digestive issues too... we can't help but wonder had interventions been done sooner if the outcome might have been different....We do not feel guilty because we did as medical practice recommended and that was the best we cold do at the time...as this is such a rare occurrence...I am going to keep data and perhaps write a book or something to help other people.... RR