hello im 16 and have had a torsion phobia for about 2 months. about 2 months ago i had some slight pain in my testicles and went to the er the felt them and did an ultrasound they said i had some small cysts in there but to not worry. i know think the pain was hair pulling on my testicles. i havent really had any pain here recently except when i have a hair pulling i just adjust the hair then im fine. but i have an extreme fear of torsion i've googled alot about it and im supper scared. i always feel them and look at them in the mirror to make sure there straight. im fat and sometimes my thighs will push one foward about and inch and ill go to the bathroom and adjust them. and when i take a shower i shake in fear when i wash them because i think one's gonna twist. can some one please ease my fears can they twist easily  and should i always be worried about it? the docs told me it usually only happens when theyre hit. but it just seems like it could happen for no reason at all do they have any anchoring to prevent torsion? also my right one is lower and pushed foward alittle more i thing and it has like to veins on the bottom on it is it normal?

Just for any new readers on testicular torsion here. I have intermittent testicular torsion diagnosed by numerous Dr.s. It can happen with no reason and no warning at all, usually in the pre teen to twenties in age but can happen at any age from infants to oldest ages. But most men and boys have a gubernaculum scrotal ligament that holds their testis to the very botton of their scrotum and that prevents their testicles from rotating too far or pulling up and leaving the scrotum and entering inside their body. My balls are completely free traveling with no gubernaculum attachment at all. One of every eight men have a detached gubernaculum, but only one in 4000 ever gets testicular torsion. My testicles can both pull up inside my body all the way up to my navel when I'm cold for a long time and look like two big bumps under my stomach skin. They show above my swim trunks waist band and I just gently push them back down over and over again to hide them from public view. Most females wouldn't imagine they are my balls climbing that high up anway. One high school buddy could push both his balls by hand up inside and past his navel to gross out other guys in the locker room. And then they'd just slip back down into his sack by themselves again after he let go of them. If you get testicular torsion, it is usually painful or numb in your testicle and tesicle cords above each nut, mostly on just one side usually. Most importantly, you can see the torsioned testicle hanging farther up and twisted crooked and hanging wrong inside your scrotum or way up next to your penis root and it won't go down or hang straight and normal because the cords the testicle are hanging on are twisted up like a twisted garden hose with the water flow, blood flow, cut off by the twisting. You can have intense pain, vomiting, abdominal pain, and other symptoms. You need to go to an emeregncy room within 2 to 6 hours to save your testicles from dying from lack of blood flow. Dr.s can manually untwist your testicles right away and can do surgery (orchiopexy surgery) for a long term cure. The surgery is intense. They cut open both sides of your scrotum, pull out your two testicles and left just hanging on by only their cords and arteries and sperm cords, and then untangle and untwist your testicle cords and then put them back inside your scrotum and sew each testicle directly by sutures to the sides and bottom of your scrotum to keep them from ever rotating and twisting up tight again. Younger men and teens heal up really good, but full grown and older men are more likely to have lasting problems after torsion and the orchiopexy surgery than younger guys do. The younger teens and men go on to have great sex and kids and all, with just a few stitches holding between their scrotums and testicles. Your balls can't life up as far inside you and roam around any more after the surgery. Grown men and older men are more likely to have lasting pain and sperm lowering and hormonal troubles from their damaged testicles but it varies from man to man. Some men just take the risks and go without any surgery and untwist them by themselves when they torsion and their Dr.s teach them how to do it right and check them. But it still risks losing them to lack of blood flow if you can't untwist them or get to a Dr. fast enough when they torsion up too tight and for too long. Heat from a hot water bottle directly on your testicles can make them overheat, relax, and drop back down into the scrotum like normal. talk to your Dr. right away if you think you have testicular torsion or go right to an emergency room for help. You only have between 2 and 6 hours to keep them from dying if they are torsioned up tight and no blood flow is reaching your ball or both balls. I hope this helps men. Good Luck.