two weeks ago my left testicle started to bother me. It felt a little sore and almost like it was twisted. I wasn't worried though because this always happens every few months and it always went away within a day or so. But it only got more painful each day. I noticed today that it has shrank in size from: a little bigger than the right one to - much smaller than the right one and it hurts VERY VERY badly.

Hello! Testicular pain has many causes. Trauma to the testicles often produces extreme pain. Testicular torsion could be causing it too. Testicular inflammation is the most common cause of testicular pain in men older than 18 years. The pain from kidney stones may sometimes radiate into the testicular area. You should probably see your doctor about this.

Any man, teenager, or boy who feels his testicles are twisted and painful or numb should go to an emeregency room immediately to get it checked out by a dr. and get an ultrasound on both testicles to check for testicular torsion which can cut off the blood supply to the testicles and cause them to die in as little as 2 to 6 hours or more, depending on how twisted and how much blood flow is cut off. Immediate emergency surgery is needed to save tightly twisted testicles from dying completely and needing to be cut off after they are dead. Most testicles can be saved if the man gets help soon enough, or longer if the blood supply was not cut off totally and his balls can last longer on some reduced but partial blood flow to each testicle. If you wait too long, nothing can save your balls after they die.