About a week ago, I noticed that my left testicle feels like it is in a different position than it normally is.  It has moved up and is kinda tilted to the left.  There isn't that much pain, except sometimes when I take a piss it might hurt a little.  It just feels really awkward and kinda sore, does anyone know what this can be?  I didn't do anything too physical before this started, so I don't know what caused this.  I'm thinking maybe some veins got tangled or something like that?  I'm really worried.

I had a similar thing happen to my testicles more than once. It felt like a dull ache and then it goes partly or completely numb, especially numb and dull pains in the affected torsioned testicle and also in the spermatic cords located just above each testicle on that affected side of my scrotum. My Dr.s diagnosed it as being intermittent testicular torsion. I was lucky that my torsion was not a complete loss of blood circulation for hours of time. My testicles were damaged and my testosterone levels went way down as both my testicles were damaged and injured for many months after the torsions. If torsion is severe enough to twist tight enough to mostly or completely cut off the blood flow to the testicle and for more than 2 to 6 hours, the testicle can die from lack of oxygen and lack of blood flow. The blood and oxygen supply is from blood that travels to the testicle by passing from the spermatic cords and artries and veins in the bundle of cords that each testicle hangs down from inside the scrotum. A surgery called an orchiopexy is done to open the scrotum, manually untwist the testicles' cords, and then to sew the untwisted two testicles into the bottom and side skin of the scrotum to prevent the testicles from twisting in torsion again in the future.

Boys and younger men do the best after this orchiopexy surgery as their younger testicles can handle the trauma better than mature men's testicles do. Plus, testicular torsion is most often seen in boys and young men from ages 9 to 25, but torsion can occur at any age from infancy to old age in males. Mature men over age 30 are more likely to have immune system reactions to their own sperm and sperm producing cells inside the testicle. This is because after the natural barriers separating a man's blood stream flowing with his own immune system from his sperm production cells in his testicle can be damaged by surgery cutting in the scrotum. This also can happen to a small percentage of men who get vasectomies which can develop as testicular chronic pain syndrome and auto immune problems even to the point of a few men becoming sterile. But the vast majority of boys and men getting orchiopexies will do very well and not experience further problems once the two testicles are sewn into the walls of the scrotum.

An ultrasound of the scrotum and testicles can diagnose testicular torsion and show the blood flow inside the scrotum and testis. It is a painless and simple process to get the ultrasound. A clinic or emergency room can do an emergency ultrasound quickly to save a testicle from loss of blood flow.

You can use a hot shower, bath, sauna, or a hot water bottle right on the testicles to relax them and get them to hang lower down and looser in your scrotum to help them untangle, have more blood flow, and to ease any tight torsions until you can get to a Dr. within a couple of hours for emergency surgery to untwist torsioned testicles to save them from dying from lack of blood flow. Less tightly tangled or twisted testicles can sometimes untwist by themselves or stay alive longer as some blood flow is still getting to the testicles to keep them alive longer to get to emergency surgery help to save them. Tell the emergency room or clinic people right away that you might have testicular torsion to move to the front of the line to get checked and to have surgery faster to save the testicles from dying from lack of blood flow and oxygen.