I currently have a yeast infection and last night I used Monistat-1 around 8 o'clock and sat down to watch a movie with my husband. After the movie I went to pee and I then started to experience the worst burning sensation I have ever felt in my life! It was from the Monistat-1! I could tell that whatever that drug touched inside of me was on fire so obviously the first thing I did was I had my husband Google to see if this was a normal reaction. I saw very soon that it was a common reaction, but that it was not a good reaction. I read a post in a forum from a lady that used it 4 months ago and had this reaction too. SHE IS STILL HAVING PROBLEMS AND NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS FROM THE BAD REACTION. THIS STUFF DOES PERMANENT DAMAGE IF YOU REACT BADLY TO IT! ANOTHER FORUM SAID THAT 70 PERCENT OF WOMEN HAVE A BAD REACTION TO THE DRUG! Are you experiencing the same problem? Here is what you do: GET THAT c**p OUT FROM INSIDE OF YOU! Around midnight I decided that the medicine had to get out of me whether I used a douche or whether I ripped out my insides. I hurt so bad. Where I live, all stores are closed around midnight and the closest place to get a douche was 30 minutes away. That is an hour trip there and back. I either had to make the trip with my husband and cry the whole way there and back from the pain and burning, wait for him to make the trip and cry all alone and be miserable, or make a home remedy. My husband started searching the kitchen for any type of needle-less syringe, or squirting device he could find. Finally, he remembered buying Monistat-7 as well for the paste inside the tubes for his penile yeast infection. He cleaned one of the tubes out and put warm water in it, inserted it all the way into my vagina and squirt it out really fast. Most of the medicine squirt out with the water. He did it a second time and got more out, he did it a third time and nothing more came out, he did it a 4th time just to be sure we got it all and sure enough, nothing more came out. Thankfully, we got it all. I won't lie though, when he squirt the water into my vagina, it hurt like crazy and I started crying even more. That may be because we didn't use a solution of water and vinegar though. Either way, that evil stuff was out of me and within 5 minutes the burning reduced to what it was before I used the medicine. I was able to sleep all night. It was a miracle. Please, anyone who has this problem, get it out of you. Do not let the medicine sit inside of you and eat you alive. Use whatever you can, just get it out of you. Spread my story and instructions to every female health care forum on the web! I don't want anybody else to go through the pain that I went through and not take care of it! Best of luck to anyone suffering from Monistat-1. Jay21310

wow!!! thats horrible! iv never used that stuff and have thought about it because 3 days ago me and my boyfriend had rough sex 3 times back to back and im still feeling alil pain inside my vagina almost like a UTI im curious as to rather or not thats what i have is a UTI. at first i thought it was just from being rough and i was probably just raw or torn alil inside, but im alil worried because its carried out to be 3 days now an the pain has not gotten worse nor has it reduced... what do you think?

Thnx for putting down your expirence with the medicine... I literally just did the same thing and had to water it out like you did.... The side effects was a yeast infection 20x.... sever itching with burning.... Horrible medicine... Wouldn't recommend it to any one... And to makes matters worse my inside are super swollen... I couldn't really put my finger in it to open it so the water can wash it out... First time having a yeast infection and I am 27 with no children... PLEASE DON'T BUY THIS PRODUCT...

God bless you lady for posting this. I had a terrible reaction to the Walmart brand of Monostate (Equate). Same medicine, same reaction. See a Dr.? You put this stuff in when you go to bed and then you're up all night burning, on fire! Some of us can't afford a Dr., that's why we use the over the counter c**p. By you mentioning squirting cool water into the vagina, helped me unbelievable. I had a squirt bottle in the house, and that did it. Ladies use a turkey baster if you have to, but get it out. Thanks again for posting this.

Omg I wish I had read this article before trying that stupid stuff!! 2 weeks later after taking the pills it's as if taking it again !! I went online because I a whole night I burning I couldn't believe I had another infection .. I kno this sounds gross but I used a towel to wipe dry and it smelled like the pill I couldn't believe it n reading online I'm glad to kno I'm not the only one who suffered from this disaster !! Thank you ladies I'm going home today to get this S*** out of me

Glad to see that I am not alone..Yet sad at the same time

I get yeast infections about once a year or two and they are very mild.

I saw an advertisement for Monistat 1 and thought it might be nice to only have to insert one product,one time and be done with the whole thing,no messy applicators etc.

After I inserted the napalm(ovule) I was fine for about an hour and then it began,the intolerable itching,burning,swelling,PAIN SEARING PAIN.

When I wiped I noticed I am bleeding form my vulva becuase I am so swollen and the skin is CRACKING and weeping!I  cannot sit still,I am writhing and withering in pain as I type.I was actually running in place earlier it hurt so bad I had to keep moving.I know I am not going to get any sleep when it feels I got kicked in the crotch one thousand times with aerating shoes .

DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT EVER!

Thank you but I'm a few minutes late reading this after omg, going through it. I got it out and feel 100% better.. Wow, this is unreal!!

Thank you fo sharing !!! I am heading to Walgreen !! I would love to shove an ice pack between my legs . This is insane!! I read olive
Oil helps after the shower to sooth the skin . It works and reply the additional
Discharge that may come out

Thank you so much for your story and advise in how to remove this toxic out from within the vagina. I used the 7 day remedy but it burned and I couldn't find a way of removing it thus I turned to the Internet for support. I used the tube, I had used to insert the cream, to now remove it. I feel so much better now that I have removed it. Thank you.

Its unfortunate that the original poster did not read the instructions before using Monistat. Taking it at 8 p.m. and then sitting down to watch a movie is the wrong way to use it. It also clearly states that symptoms may be increased after the initial dose because what was inside is now coming out. . . out where there are more nerve endings to feel the discomfort. Please do not make any decisions based on postings where the person clearly had no understanding of the product or her own body. As always when using medication, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS FIRST.

Thank you ladies for posting your feedback's I used the water bottle as well as the little tubes that come in the box to douche It all out!!! Thank you GOD for this post!! Helped tremendeslousy!!! Now it's just waiting time..

Yikes this just happened! I am 60 years old and haven't had a yeast or any other infection in many many years. But after a colonoscopy wham! I got a terrible yeast infection, apparently all the bacteria wqs eliminated from the prep for the procedure. It was a Sunday when the itch and yeast began so I headed to the store and purchased the store brand of Monistat. Well not 5 minutes after inserting the soft-gel i was on fire!! I can't tell you how badly it burned. I read the posts below and THANK YOU posters! I immediately applied petroleum jelly all over the area, grabbed the turkey baster (yes! I was desperate) cleaned out the baster with alcohol, rinsed it real well , laid down in the tub and squirted clean cool water up my vagina....some relief. Got a lot of the Monistat out at least to get some relief. Re-applying the jelly before I pee so it doesn't sting so much, and sitting on an ice pack. I will call my Dr first thing tomorrow! So glad I saw that I wasn't alone, and took the suggestions below! I thought at my age I was "immune" to this stuff...NOT!

This also happened to me! I was prescribed diflucan, but in efforts to relieve symptoms quicker I tried monistat 1. I thought I was immune to it since I've tried before and it worked fine-no burning. It's now going on 48 hours and starting to feel better-I used ibuprofen last night to ease the pulsing pain of my vulva and applied a generous amount of coconut oil to my labia and peritoneal. That made all the difference. I'm still getting discharge from the capsule-but it's starting to feel better. My friend, an ER Ob/gyn nurse, advised against flinching at all costs-she says it could make the yeast worse. I'm guessing warm water would be anyone's best bet. In the future I will use garlic, acidophilus, and coconut oil suppositories. You can find the recipe on line in a google search. Just don't douche!

Wow! Thankfully I found this post cause I've just dealt with a bad reaction to Monistat 7. The crime made the burning and itching 10x worse and I didn't know how to clean it all out. Thank you to those who posted their stories, it's been a lot of help. I feel much better now and am gonna stick to the oral AZO yeast medication

Worst pain I have ever experienced, and I have experienced quite a lot. It was traumatizing really, I can't believe this stuff is legal and doesn't have massive warning signs on it.

What helped me alleviate the pain : Husband ran to the store and bought me a douche and I sat crying in the shower for the next hour trying to get the Monistat out of my body. Now it's day two, still have slight burning and my lady parts feel very dry, but I am no longer on fire. My tip, get it out before it's too late. If it starts hurting more than a slight tingle, don't wait for it to get worse because it will.