Almost two months ago I used Monistat 1 to get rid of a yeast infection. Ever since then I have had extreme burning in my vulvar area- and there seems to be a bit of irritation there. I have been tested for infections twice since then- both have come back negative- but was prescribed difflucan just in case it was yeast causing this problem. The problem is still there and I am pretty convinced it was the Monistat that caused it (as before using the monistat I had a minor yeast infection- and after using it I have had extreme burning) Has anyone else ever experienced this?!!? i've used hydrocortizone cream but it doesn't seem to help... not sure what else to do!! will this ever go awayy???

Unbearable, i have never experienced such discomfort. I just used the treatment and within a few moments i was rolling around in tears. The burning and itching is just horrific and i will never use this treatment again. Thankfully a couple of hours later and it has begun to ease. I just hope i didnt go through that for nothing and it works. :-(

LADIES PLEASE READ!!!! I'm on a mission to warn as many women as possible about the Monistat 1 Day/Night Ovule. To preface, I'm 29 and this was my 3rd yeast infection in my life. For my last yeast infection, I was prescribed Diflucan- which was awesome. Before that, I used a 7-day OTC product, which worked nicely. This time around, I waited a few days to see if I'd just clear up on my own since my sypmtoms were pretty mild. Finally I just decided to use an OTC product again (I didn't think my condition warranted a doctor's visit) and chose this product. ONE OF THE BIGGEST MISTAKES OF MY LIFE: I inserted the ovule on Wednesday morning. (Keep in mind that my sympoms were very mild.) By Wednesday evening, my vulva was swollen to about 3 times its normal size and I was bed-practicly bed-ridden with an ice pack between my legs. It felt JUST LIKE the day after I had given birth. I cried sporatically for 36 hours, missed work, and just prayed to get through until I could see my doctor Friday morning. I tried Benadryl, hemorrhoid pads, Excedrine....you name it. This barely took the "edge" off. The external cream provided was useless. I contemplated going to the ER, but was too horrified and embarrassed. This product produced INTENSE swelling, throbbing, burning and aching. It felt like I had douched with a combination of boiling water, chlorine bleach, and crushed glass. When I finally saw my doctor, he said I had a common allergic reaction to an ingredient in the CAPSULE of this product. He prescribed prescribed Diflucan, antibiotics (as a precaution) and cortizone ointment to soothe me. All in all, this product was not only completely ineffective, it made me feel 100 times worse and was a total waste of money, time & health. Girls, PLEASE avoid this product. It's not worth the risk that you may have a very common allergic reaction to it!!!!! AVOID IT LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!!

yes I have the same problem I started using this Monistat last night and ever since I have been in extremly bad pain all night long and all day long!!! I don't know what to do. I"ve had a yeast infection in the past and used the same product but never did it hurt this bad it's burning me really bad I also felt like going to the emergency room last night but was to embarresed to do so.

It's been the 4th day after using the Monastat 1 and I am on fire and just want to sleep not to deal with the discomfort. I thought it may take a few days to work out the infection but can't stand this. I was a swimmer and am still anthlete and get an infection every so many years. I have used pills and seven day creams while messy I have never been so inconvienced in my life as I am right now. I get in a pool everyday for my job and will miss work if this keeps up.
I will never spend the extra money for the easy way.

I have used Monistat a couple times before in my life (I have only had 2 or 3 yeast infections in my life) but this time I felt like i was in the early stages of getting one so I decided to use MONISTAT 1 to kill it off before it really started. Well the next morning I was pretty much on fire, the whole thing feels hot (not itchy like other people have reported) and not only that, i had a swolling area inside, something that has never happened to me before. Even a swollen bump that must be from the medication. I hope it goes away soon, looks awful too. I'm glad other people posted their reactions or I would really be freaking out about now.

Actually, the burning may be caused by an allergic reaction. A small percentage of woman are allergic to one of the active ingredients in monistat called micanazole.

If you're suffering from an allergic reaction you should let your doctor know so he/she can recommend another cream to use. If you self diagnosed your infection, it would probably be a good idea to stop using it and try something else.

Personally I think the best approach is the natural way. Basically the reason you have a yeast infection is because there's an imbalance in your body. A healthy person has a balance between the yeast in their body and the good bacteria in their body.

Too much yeast, you have a yeast infection. Too much bacteria, you have a bacterial infection.

So, when you have a yeast infection you essentially have too much yeast in your body. The natural way to treat it and bring back that balance is to starve the yeast and introduce more good bacteria into your body.

Oh and BTW - That's why you often get relief from using the over the counter meds temporarily, and then the yeast infection comes back. The creams aren't changing the source of the problem. They are just killing the yeast they come in contact with, and not balancing the yeast/bacteria in your body and actually sometimes end up making things a lot worse.

Oh BTW2 - That's also why many times you'll get a yeast infection after using anti-biotics. Anti-biotics kill all the bacteria in your body, the good and the bad. When that happens the balance between the yeast and good bacteria is off once again and you get a yeast infection.

Things you can add to your diet (to help promote good bacteria) are live yogurt cultures (or take Acidophilus), plenty of water, fresh vegetables, lots of protein rich foods, whey protein, raw garlic, nuts, seeds, oils, millet, rice and oat brans

Things you should remove from your diet (to starve the yeast) are all sodas, sugars, fruit, fermented foods, foods containing white flour, alcohol (especially beer), antacids and any product that has yeast or mold

You can change your diet in conjunction with using the creams that you've been using and that will speed up the recovery significantly. But what I would also recommend is to use a homeopathic solution instead. I always feel if there's a natural way to do something, then it's best to avoid the chemicals. I would look for an natural product, that can be taken orally to promote regrowth of the good bacteria in your body.

There are a few out there, I think they are probably all pretty good. One that I have used and was very effective for me was is yeastrol. Here's the link I used if you are interested in finding out more.

blinkchic38 wrote:

Almost two months ago I used Monistat 1 to get rid of a yeast infection. Ever since then I have had extreme burning in my vulvar area- and there seems to be a bit of irritation there. I have been tested for infections twice since then- both have come back negative- but was prescribed difflucan just in case it was yeast causing this problem.

The problem is still there and I am pretty convinced it was the Monistat that caused it (as before using the monistat I had a minor yeast infection- and after using it I have had extreme burning)

Has anyone else ever experienced this?!!?

i've used hydrocortizone cream but it doesn't seem to help... not sure what else to do!! will this ever go awayy???

i used it and the first dose i used really helped me, but then the next day i had to do the second dose and it really
irritated me and i have bad i'm talking majior cramping down there and i know it's because of the cream ! i wasn't cramping the first dose and right after the second one i been hurting so yeah i know where your coming from !!

I took the Monistat 1, two days ago and the itching and burning is unbearable. I feel really swollen and sore and if anything it seems like my symptoms are getting worse.The funny thing about it all was that the pharmasist talked me into trying this brand. I will never try an OTC remedy again.

i am relating to you all right now, i guess i am just relieved to know that i am not the only one and that it is an alergic reaction and not a worsened yeast infection... what the.... i mean really! i don´t have allergic reactions to anything normally. so uncomfortable!!! i hope it goes away soon!!!!!!! :-( :'(

ahh. i literally just inserted monistat 1 and figured i should get some info about it before i sleep! im nervous now!!! am i going to experience this pain?? it doesnt hurt yet thank goodness but i just put it in 10 min ago.

HERE IS THE SOLUTION!

I currently have a yeast infection and last night I used Monistat-1 around 8 o'clock and sat down to watch a movie with my husband. After the movie I went to pee and I then started to experience the worst burning sensation I have ever felt in my life! It was from the Monistat-1! I could tell that whatever that drug touched inside of me was on fire so obviously the first thing I did was I had my husband Google to see if this was a normal reaction. I saw very soon that it was a common reaction, but that it was not a good reaction. I read a post in a forum from a lady that used it 4 months ago and had this reaction too. SHE IS STILL HAVING PROBLEMS AND NEGATIVE SIDE EFFECTS FROM THE BAD REACTION. THIS STUFF DOES PERMANENT DAMAGE IF YOU REACT BADLY TO IT! ANOTHER FORUM SAID THAT 70 PERCENT OF WOMEN HAVE A BAD REACTION TO THE DRUG! Are you experiencing the same problem? Here is what you do:

GET THAT c**p OUT FROM INSIDE OF YOU! Around midnight I decided that the medicine had to get out of me whether I used a douche or whether I ripped out my insides. I hurt so bad. Where I live, all stores are closed around midnight and the closest place to get a douche was 30 minutes away. That is an hour trip there and back. I either had to make the trip with my husband and cry the whole way there and back from the pain and burning, wait for him to make the trip and cry all alone and be miserable, or make a home remedy. My husband started searching the kitchen for any type of needle-less syringe, or squirting device he could find. Finally, he remembered buying Monistat-7 as well for the paste inside the tubes for his penile yeast infection. He cleaned one of the tubes out and put warm water in it, inserted it all the way into my vagina and squirt it out really fast. Most of the medicine squirt out with the water. He did it a second time and got more out, he did it a third time and nothing more came out, he did it a 4th time just to be sure we got it all and sure enough, nothing more came out. Thankfully, we got it all. I won't lie though, when he squirt the water into my vagina, it hurt like crazy and I started crying even more. That may be because we didn't use a solution of water and vinegar though. Either way, that evil stuff was out of me and within 5 minutes the burning reduced to what it was before I used the medicine. I was able to sleep all night. It was a miracle.

Please, anyone who has this problem, get it out of you. Do not let the medicine sit inside of you and eat you alive. Use whatever you can, just get it out of you. Spread my story and instructions to every female health care forum on the web! I don't want anybody else to go through the pain that I went through and not take care of it!

Best of luck to anyone suffering from Monistat-1.

Jay21310

omg i just used that monistat too, and its burning like hell, cant sleep or anything ! :(

I used This damn product Monistat 1 that it meaby came from hell becouse thats how it was BURNING. I had a yest infection wich was very light but as a precaution I bought this product, use it and went to bed, two hours later this HORRIBLE AND INTENSE BURNING woke me up. I pee and clean it but it was burning even more it just wouldn't stop. I was just rolling in tears and my husbend saw on internet that the ONLY solution was GETTING IT OUT!! I know it sound creazy but thats the only way to stop damaging from the inside. I asked my husband desperatly and in tears to get it out becouse I didnt want a permanent damange, so he did, with his finger tried to take out some of this medicine and inmediatly after I took a shower with the water as cold as I could.... it DID work! After the shower I felt relief even do still burning but not as much as in the begginnig, on the next day I was fine. This was one of the worst experiences of MY LIFE. DONT USE THIS PRODUCT BECOUSE THIS REMEDY IS WORST THAN THE PROBLEM.....