I think I'm allergic to the spermicide in condoms; I have a itch as well as symptoms of a yeast infection. H :'( ow do I treat the irritation?

I think I have the same issue. About two weeks ago my boyfriend and I had sex and we used a condom with spermicide. About halfway through I had intense burning so we stopped. We tried again about five days later with a lubricated condom, and he couldnt even enter me it burned so bad. Also, after both times it hurt to pee because it burnt! Now i have a yeast infection! I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow to discuss my issue. I have researched this and have found that an allergic reaction to latex or spermicide can cause a yeast infection. I'm curious if anyone else has a similar situation to mine...

Yep, I'm having the same reaction. Itching, burning, and general irritation. I've read so many posts elsewehere on the internet where women describe similar reactions after using spermicidal condoms. I wish they would take these off the market. Many studies find they offer little to no advantage over regular condoms, and obviously they are a great disadvantage to a happy healthy vagina!

HELP!!! ok im pretty sure im having an allergic reactin to condoms iv listened to all ur guy's symptoms and i have them the itchy burnyness and it hurts to pee. iv had it since saturday how do i get rid of it iv tried washin the area wit just water then wit soap and water but that made it hurt worse iv even tried vagisil that sooths it a little bit but not for that long. Someone pls help, it hurts to even walk my email is email the answer to me cause i cant deal wit this any longer :-(

Same thing, just got back from the doctor....reaction to the spermicide AND yeast infection. hurt so bad it woke me up last night. I didn't ask my dr what to use for the irritation, but I've been using diaper cream seems to be helping. I don't know if it's the best thing or not but I use it for razor burn and it was all I had....and it's helping!

I have the same problem as you guys! My bf and I used a spermicidal condom twice and now the burning won't go away, sometimes I can't even sleep. After I go pee, it burns even worse for hours, and I'm swollen. This is terrible. It's been 3 days how long will this last?

I got a yeast infection from spermicide also.. I just made sure when i bathed I used unscented soaps and no body washes or anything like that (perfumes will make it worse) and just put some monistat (miconazole) on the itchy places..it should go away with in a week or so.

I had the same symptoms as you guys have described which occurred very soon after having sex. i think it's more likely it was a spermicide condom and its the spermicide I have had a reaction to.

I called my doctor and they prescribed Canesten cream but the one with an anti-inflametry (canesten with 2 other ingredients - ask a chemist) When i got to the chemists they said i could buy a smaller tube than that prescribed which was less than paying the standard rate for a prescription, so you DON'T need a prescription to buy it. It soothed me instantly and within less than 24 hours the burning and pain was gone.

The only problem is that Canesten is bad for Eczema which has been a problem before and now I have to try and treat that. Two weeks after the initial reaction (a week after i got the canesten), we tried to have sex again and I was so sore and it stung so much (using condoms that I knew I'd used over and over again and had no problems with) that we couldn't continue.

On the male side it's the same. Was testing the fit of a spermicide condom. Took it off to pee and now can't go it hurts so bad!!! My goodness

Sure are right about that. I'm a teenager and I'm uncomfortable to go to my parents for birthcontrol, so my boyfriend and I use condoms. Well, up until last week we used Latex condoms, but this 'spermicide' condom is supposed to feel natural. And its given me so many blisters I try to AVOID peeing at all costs! I nearly thought I had an STD or something. My goodness, I HATE these things.

I have the same problem i itch and burn after sex using latex condoms but only for a couple of days and if i keep having sex using latex condoms it turns into a yeast infection. I just realized i am allergic to latex.

I know for sure it is the spermicide. It happened the next day. Ive used diaper rash cream, eat yogurt(mommy taught me that) to derail yeast infection, because of the enzemyes. Ive used triple antibiotic cream, and oatmeal baths, wet and dry and made a coating. My current doesnt care to understand, he thinks its excuses. Whatever. Its not the trojans nor the lifestyles.....its those cheap ones. Had my hubby spared the expense of buying lambskin......he wouldnt be deprived.HA

My partner and i have had sex before with a regular latex condom and i had no problem. However this last time we used a condom with spermicide and i noticed tiny little red bumps and just general red itchy irritation i havent noticed any burning sensation when i used the bathroom. I dont really want to go to the doctor. It doesnt look real serious but im not sure. Is there anything I can do. Like over the counter medicine or cream or just wait for it to go away?

Can you buy this canesten ointment over the counter or only through the doc?

I'm having the same problem! My boyfriend and I have used regular Latex condoms before but this last time, we used the same kind but with Spermicide and Oh my God, I'm in so much pain! He though they would be even better because of the "extra protection" but boy was he wrong! I've just been using hot paper towel compresses to ease the swelling and I've been switching off between Vagisil and Diaper Rash cream. My Mom recommened to use Jock Itch cream as well since it's Anti-fugal. (She doesn't know I'm having a condom reaction, though. She just thinks it's a regual yeast infection.) But the advice still stands! Good luck Ladies (and Gents) Best of luck with your gential issues as much as my own!