Ok so its a long story..... So I used to have yeast infections when I was little...says my mom. But I have never had one as an adult..so this would be my first time. About 7 days ago on a Monday night, my boyfriend and I had sex. I was very dry for some reason but we went about it anyway. The next day, Tuesday, I felt ok and we had sex again. I was a little dry but not as dry as Monday. The next day, Wednesday, I felt a little soreness down there but it was very mild. We had sex again and it was very dry again and some what painful. The next morning on Thursday, we tried it again but it was very very painful for me so I told my boyfriend that I wanted to stop having sex for a couple weeks until I figured out what was happening. So all of Thursday I was getting more and more sore. Then Friday I began to notice an itchiness down there and a little bit of white discharge. So right away, I went to the store and bought a medicated duche(the site wont allow me to spell it right) pack and some Monistat 7. I went back to work, duched myself with the duche that was medicated with Povine Iodine, cleaned myself with Monistate Cooling Wipes, dryed myself and inserted a small amount of Monistat 7 and applied some external cream to help soothe me until I could get home from work. When I got home, I took a hot shower, dried myself very well, inserted the Monistat 7 and applied the external cream again. The itch was horrible and unbearable. I couldnt help but scratch..but I knew that if I scratched too much, I was going to irritate it so I used toilet paper to rub myself and rub the itch out..I thought this would be better but by the next morning I started to feel a burn. Saturday was bad..It was so itchy and burned a little..I started to notice the discharge change from white to a yellowish white color. The burning got worse. I continued to use the Cooling Wipes and external cream after each use of the restroom. When I got home, I showered with hot water again and continued the Monistat 7 treatment that night. The next morning on Sunday, the burn.....oh the burn!! It was bad. I had to bite down on a towel and did a little silent screaming when I urinated. The pain was horrible. It seemed like it was getting worse instead of better! I showered again, applied some more Monistat 7 and external cream and went to work again. The work day was hard to bear through. I couldnt sit down, I couldnt bend down, I could hardly move. I was so sore and painful down there. I dreaded the time when I had to pee because that meant lots and lots of pain! I continued using the cooling wipes and external cream. Still saw the yellowish white discharge. But the itch was hardly noticeable through the burn. I did some research on the Monistat products and figured maybe I should have been using Monistat 3!! So, after work, I went straight to the store and bought another box of Monistat but this time i got the 3 instead of the 7 and also bought some Monistat Itch Relief Cream. I went straight home, took another shower and looked down there again. Still the same...redish, swollen and still had the cuts/sores. I inserted a dose Monistat 3 and applied the new itch cream. The itch cream burned sooo bad for about 5 minutes and then after that, felt sooo good. The burn was gone and the itch was gone..at least until I had to pee again...then it all started over again. So today is Monday again..its been 7 days total. 4 days since I started the Monistat 7 and 1 day since I switched and started the Monistat 3. This morning I had to bite down on a towel again to go pee. Took another hot shower, dryed myself and only applied the itch relief cream. I am trying to refrain from using the restroom at all costs. I notice that the discharge is a yellowish white color. It almost looks like mucusy puss.. I still cant sit or move with out feeling that pain and soreness. So....am I doing something wrong?? After the fact, I read that I was not supposed to duche(the site wont let me spell it right)! Is this true? And if so, what does that mean for my infection? Also, every day last week my boyfriend and I went out and drank a lot of beer. Thats all we drank for 5 days straight...which I know is bad. I have never done that before. But I know beer has lots of yeast in it..could this have irritated the infection too? Aaaand....I wear tight pants, leggings, spandex underwear, thongs, I wear panyhose almost every day as a girdle (learned that from Oprah!) Could this have been the cause of my yeast infection? And then, could me and my boyfriend having sex unlubricated have just sparked it? And Im a little grossed out by the sores/cuts down there. Im really hoping thats not herpes!! That is from all the scratching and rubbing I did right? What is the yellowish white discharge? Did it change colors due to the Monistat? Is it just the medication passing through? I am planning on going to the doctor after the Monistat treatment is done. but until then.... Please help..any advice?? Any home remedies for yeast infection you can suggest to stop this excruciating burn?? Im suffering here! :-( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

those monistat will not relified your infection .you most take fluconaze pills.i had yeast infection and doctor send me take 3 pills of fluconazole 100 mg ,mean 3 days each pill for day and is very efective...go to the doctor plz

hope u feel better good luck

Yeast is a fungus that likes to become most active at night. I know because I previously suffered from chronic vaginal yeast/ vaginitis for years and recognize the symptoms anywhere. Let me spare you years of trouble and post my advice. Yeast, or fungus can move around anywhere down there, sometimes outward and sometimes further back towards your anus. It also doesn't always have a lot of discharge, when it does, it will be either thick and white or really watery. You may also see little white specks in the discharge and in the folds of your vagina. Some people say they have an odor like rising bread, but this doesn't happen with everyone. It all depends on how bad the yeast infection is and how your body reacts to the yeast overgrowth. All in all, yeast is nothing to really be alarmed about. Its nothing like herpes, its not even an STD, its just an annoying fungus that makes you itch, and can dampen your love life and sex drive.

Through process of elimination, what you have has to be a yeast infection or some other type of fungus like jock itch, which can be rashy, and is treated the same way yeast is because it is also a fungus. I have suffered from both, and even had a combination before. Many people don't realize that women can suffer from jock itch just like men, and can have more trouble getting rid of both because it is hard for us to stay dry down there. The fungus causing jock itch and yeast are similar and are both a real pest seemingly put on this earth only to annoy women down there. Men don't struggle with yeast like women, but be careful because they can transmit it to women. The sad thing is many gynecologists don't have the correct approach towards yeast- if they even know how to approach it at all (most just give you drugs and suggest a diet that doesn't permanently work half the time before sending you off to figure it out).

From what I've learned yeast infections can be triggered by several things. But, typically, not drinking enough water, not drying off enough down there, an allergic reaction to toilet paper, soaps, douching, baby powder, perfumes, tampons, lotions, anything that can get up there and disturb your natural ph or irritated the delicate nature of the skin down there and allow a fungus to thrive. In your case, it could be from pantyhose not allowing enough flow of air down there, and the toilet paper irritating it. ( I too have been guilty of using toilet paper to provide temporary itch relief) But it can also be a combination of things.

Typically with yeast, the key is to stay as dry down there as you can, try not to itch, sleep bottomless, avoid sugar (accept skevia sweetener), and caffeine (even teas), stop with tight clothing nylon and stuff, don't use scented detergent and fabric softeners (use a plain unscented detergent- some people like deft which is used for babies), only wear underwear that is 100% cotton, don't use tampons, scented pads, or take baths for a while. At least until everything has returned to normal for about a month. Yeast can be recurring, or just a rare unfortunate once or twice occurrence for women, and you want to do everything so it doesn't return. It all depends on how great of a host your body is for yeast. Most women experience it at least once, even virgins can struggle with it. So, in addition to the above list, listen to the following advice from me, which WILL provide INSTANT RELIEF:

USE 100% TEA TREE OIL!!!!- I have tried everything, garlic, douching with probiotic yogurt, taking excellent probiotics like bio-k, taking oil of oregano, and other yeast preventative vitamins, diets, etc. In addition to using the right non-irritating products and wearing the right clothes. You name it, I've done it. The fastest relief I have ever gotten was last night when I used 100% tea tree oil.

I am a chronic yeast infection sufferer, and haven't really found anything to knock a yeast infection out fast until I discovered tea tree oil last night. I am 27, and I have done all the over the counter and prescription medications recommended by doctors. Yeast sucks, untreated, it can take over your life, and its embarrassing esp. when you have a great, steady boyfriend who you try and hide it from. Like I said, nothing I tried above has ever really worked. In a few days or weeks, the familiar yeast tickle would return. If I was lucky, I would get a month or so of relief. I have a low immune system which makes yeast come back all the time, especially during stressful times like right now in the middle of my law exams.

Anyways, I had had yeast relief for a few months (a miracle) because I went heavy on several anti-yeast vitamins for weeks. They caused my body to have a different smell for a while, but they worked. However, after I was fully recovered from the yeast, I got lazy and stopped taking the supplements, and three nights ago I felt the familiar signs of the yeast returning. Stress, lack of sleep, and proper hydration without caffeine is likely the culprit. I'm not sure, but I think I read somewhere that the itch comes from spores latching onto the skin in irritated or moist areas.

Anyways, last night, I was desperate for relief, and what I did after reading a little on the internet and contemplating what to do since I'm a broke law student who can't really afford to pay for or make time for a doctor's visit is to try 100% tea tree oil. It was one of the only things I happened to have on hand at 2:00 a.m. that was stated as a treatment option. I suggest waiting until just before bed because you want to target the yeast at night when it is most active.

So, I started off by shaving down there and then showering, cleaning the area as well as I could and drying off VERY well. I shaved because hair holds in moisture, odors, and who knows what else. I wanted to eliminate that environment. To do this, you don't have to make it an extremely close shave, just make sure its not a bush down there. I showered after shaving, and used johnson and johnson's natural hypo allergenic baby wash to lather up down there and wash away any access hair from the area.

If you don't have johnson and johnson, or something similarly gentle, hypoallergenic, and unscented; then just rinse really well with water. Next, I dried off really, really well with a FRESH TOWEL!!! I even used a blow dryer on low heat down there for a little while because I wanted there to be ZERO MOISTURE for the yeast to latch onto. (I wanted to make sure I did everything I possibly could to make the treatment work before applying the oil).

Next, I got a hand held mirror, the tea tree oil, and a dropper. I sat on my bathroom floor, and propped the mirror up so I could really see what I was doing down there. I put a drop of oil on a portion of the outer area that was itching. Instant relief, and after a second, it felt good and tingly. It did NOT burn like crazy like the time I tried apple cider vinegar, witch hazel, alcohol, boric acid, some over the counter creams, and even garlic. I continued applying liberally, rubbing it into the outer skin of my vagina that was irritated, inflamed, red, and itchy. The tingle felt good, and the aroma made me feel fresh.

Then, I got my dropper and put a little more than an inch worth of the oil in it before I inserted the dropper vaginally and released the oil. I was nervous this would burn also, but it didn't it just had a slight tingle. If you don't have a dropper, you can soak a non scented tampon in the oil and insert it., or put some oil on your finger and insert it. However, if using a tampon, make sure you remove the tampon after a few hours like you normally would, and insert a fresh tea tree oil one. I personally don't like tampons at all because they hold moisture, so I used the dropper.

Anyways, any access oil on your hands, you can just rub into the rest of your skin, and even your hair because tea tree is good for hair and skin. The oil can be expensive, so try not to waste unnecessarily. After that, I washed my hands. Then, I hopped into my bed with a towel under my bottom in case the oil leaked. NO UNDERWEAR!!! In fact, I think I slept nude, with my legs open so the area could breath, and continued studying for a while before going to sleep in a position with my legs open. I was thankful my boyfriend was out of town. Things got a little intense down there; really tingly like cool air was blowing down there, but I didn't care, it was working, so I let it do its thing.

I was just glad that I was NOT feeling itchy or irritated from the yeast at all anymore internally or externally. That was all that mattered to me at the time. I was impressed with the results while studying, but after a while, I got tired and went to bed (after praying it would work of course!!!). In the morning, all of the symptoms were gone!!!! I checked on the floor with my hand held mirror, and the red irritated skin from last night was gone, and there was NO ITCH!!! INTERNALLY OR EXTERNALLY!!!

A miracle, the fastest relief EVER!!! Ladies, please try this!!! It works!!!- trust me, I've tried it ALL!!! and the best part is its 100% natural.
I am going to do it again tonight, and probably every night for the rest of the week because me and yeast are very familiar with one another, and I know it loves me as a host. One treatment sounds too good to be true, and I know it will be working hard to find a way to come back out and party down there, but the tea tree oil has given me control with all its extreme and magical natural anti-fungal properties. I have not felt any signs of the yeast all day after ONE tea tree treatment, and it is almost time for the second treatment.

As I said before, and can't stress enough, this IS the fastest, most effective treatment I have ever experienced!!! If you want to tone down the oil a bit, I suggest mixing a couple of drops of it with 100% coconut oil which is also an anti-fungal natural oil (however, it is not in any way stronger than tea tree oil). I have tried just coconut oil as a treatment, and it didn't do much of anything except relieve the itch for a few minutes.

As a reinforcement internal back up treatment, I am also going to take oil of oregano, solaray vitamin's yeast cleans which has an edible version of tea tree in it (I called and asked) because it isn't good to ingest tea tree oil, a spoon full of coconut oil, my daily women's vitamin, and zinc (about 50 milligrams) as a back up immune system boost yeast fighter for a while till I feel more confident my ph is in balance down there again. The above vitamins are a treatment in themselves, but they take a while to really get rid of the yeast. They don't work as fast as applying pure tea tree oil, but they do work. It's what I used last time before the stress of law exams caused the yeast to flare up again.

As I said before, I am such a good host for yeast since I have a weak immune system because I am border line diabetic. I have tried it ALL, even the diets, which don't work!!! no normal person can do them forever anyways because practically everything is made out of something yeast can feed off of!!! You'll starve trying to do it. Plus, its SUPER EXPENSIVE and time consuming because everything has to be organic, and you have to check the label on everything to make sure it doesn't have yeast aiding ingredients in it. You also have to always prepare all of your own meals unless you eat a plain salad without salad dressing. Anyways, as soon as you stop with the strict diet, yeast comes out of its dormant phase and falls in love with you as its host again.

So, use the tea tree oil ladies!!!!- it is the BEST, CHEAPEST, FASTEST, MOST NATURAL THING!!!- it doesn't sting, and it smells and feels kind of nice while it is treating you. Its not a big mess like monistat or anything else!!! It really is the most efficient thing that WORKS!!! I took the time to write all this when I SHOULD DEFINITELY be studying for my exam for a reason. I wanted yeast suffering women to KNOW what REALLY WORKS. So, TRUST ME, I wouldn't lie to you!!!- even though I am a future lawyer!!!

Sources:
I got my info. from medical articles, online medical sources, my father who is a doctor who did research for me, and my godmother who is a holistic medicine doctor and struggles with yeast herself.

I was reading your reply, as I have the same problem... I was completely devastated when you said Tea Tree Oil. It is the only thing in this world I am allergic to!!! argh!

demand a culture test. it could be strep b. thats what i had. my vaginal would itch and burn and every doctor kept telling me i had a yeast infection. The whole time it was strep B, they gave me my antibiotics and thank god it helped. also try putting a raw garlic inside the vulva i know its weird but it helps the itching ness in the meantime. In El Salvador is where i got treated and cured. 2 years of trying to get help in the US and nothing finally i went out of the country and got the help i needed.

i had this to so i  went to the doctor and had this really rare disease down there which ment i had to have pinpoint injections direct up my vagina which was very painful i also had to stay in hospital for 4 months i dont want to scare u but better safe than sorry go to a doctor asap this is 4 years later and i still can't pee without pain so i have to have a tube inseted next week so the urine should come out with out me getting the pain hopefully 

What brand if I may ask of tea tree oil did you use?

how come it hurts and burns deadly for me?!@@ i'm so scared! is it because i'm not using 100% tea tree oil? (i use 15%) i'm suffuring from chornic and severe infection. ps.100%tea tree oil doesn't seem to be commonly sold in my country...(taiwan)

i've never posted on anything before but wanted to thank you for your post. I ran a half marathon and started my period during the race, didn't realize until race was over, and needless to say, it was most unpleasant. Not surprisingly, a few days later I developed symptoms of vaginal irritation/yeast - tried to self treat then ended up at doc who also gave me pills, creams etc - helps for a while then irritation returns. I've been dealing with this for weeks have not been able to run or feel normal - very depressing and frustrating. Doc ran c prep I think it was to test for any and everything - been faithfully married 20 years so didn't expect it to show some dreaded issue but it did show a form of yeast doc described as hard to get rid of....duh. So, I'm now trying to tea tree oil and trying to stay positive. My irritation is all external - the redness is mild but the burning discomfort is NOT. No odor or discharge so doc was a little surprised by yeast. I really just wanted to take the time to thank you and everyone out there who takes the time to share experiences and what works - particularly on hard to treat issues. I feel sometimes doc think they have "bigger fish to fry" thank a run of the mill vaginal irritation so they throw harsh creams/meds at you. I hope this note finds you in good health and yeast free!

Hello, I just read your post about your remidy for your yeast overgrowth. I too suffer from the itchy feelin of yeast on a daily basis. For years! Can you please tell me how your tea tree oil treatment is going? I started using it after your post (applying day and night, diluting w/ coconut oil), but the itching returns a couple hours later. Just wanted to see if your treatment has worked for you? Thank you for reading this!

OMG ! this really does work !!! I am an 18 yr old college student. Earlier this week hhmmm i believe it was thursday after me and my bf had sex i was fine, but later on in the week i began to feel that irritating itch, saturday (this will be my second infection) at first i didnt pay it any mind and at the time because i was on my period so i was hoping that it would go away when my period came off... but it didnt, it stayed ! ugh so i began to look at some home remedies. ( because i am in college i barely have money to spend on doctor visits) anyways, i wanted the itching to go away FAST! it wasnt as bad as it was last time so i wanted to catch it before it spread and got worst. & plus i was sexually frustrated so i really needed it to go away. I came across this add and decided to try the tea tree oil, its only $1.75 at family dollar. As soon as i got back to my room i took a shower and used unscented wash and used a fresh towel to dry with, i walked around my room pantiless so air can come through afterwards i laid on my bed and grabbed a mirror so i could see, i took some oil and rubbed some on the outside of my vagina and then put about 2 to 3 drops of it inside of my vagina, i laid there for about 20 minutes with my legs open so none of it would come out. instantly i began to feel so much better a little while after i had to pee and while using the bathroom i didnt feel any itching or burning and thank GOD ! ugh thank you as well because this really works monistat 7 is good but it doesnt work as fast as i would like it to, but thank you ssoooooo much this really works ladies. please try it

First, I'd like to congratulate you on how many times you're having sex. LOL. ;-)

Second, the other ladies who are having burning sensations (like the runner) shouldn't think that they have the same thing as you do.

Your itchiness and discharge is because you were having sex numerous times on a dry va-j-j. That's a huge no no. You'll get little cuts down there and then it's just craziness. Your colored discharges are telling you that there's an infection.  You douching is only pushing the infection further into your hoohah, which can lead to other issues. Go get some medication. And tell your boyfriend to take some cold showers until your better.

For all the other ladies who don't have a colored discharge and who's hoohah's are burning them, have you looked into your body's PH? When your body is acidic, and you may not even realize that it is, you will know when you have a discharge. We all have discharges during the day. And if it's acidic, then it will BURN.

I say this because after months of agonizing burning pain and doctors who were telling me that I was fine, I looked into it myself. I should go get my doctorate. Really. I should. But can't. lol. Too expensive.

Anyway, my friend introduced me to these drops that I put in my water or coffee and it makes everything alkaline. After a week, no more burn. I was a happy camper with a much happier hoohah. Please give it a try, it may be something as simple as your PH being off.

You can get the drops through this site

*** post is edited by moderator ***web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

for a bottle and it lasts a very long time.

It's called supreme PH drops.

Randa

I'm having issues with burning when I wipe. I've been using monistat 7 for 3 days now and it still burns when I wipe and apply cream down there externally. Any advice??

So sorry for your pain. I am just barely getting over (I hope) a very lengthy battle with a yeast infection. Long story short, one of the very best things that brought be almost instant relief was zinc oxide. Just a tube of regular old fashioned zinc you use for sunblock on your nose. Just rub it directly on yourself down there after a shower. I used it 3 or 4 times a day and it worked great! It didn't sting or anything, just relieved all the pain & itching. Another thing that helped me was wrapping a couple ice cubes in a clean wash cloth, and placing it between your legs down there for about 15 to 20 minutes. Let me know if these work for you :)

Sounds like trichomoniasis, infection or herpes infection. Please go to your Gyn doc for an exam. Yeast is always white and milky like cottage cheese, never yellow.