I have had a yeast infection before, but went to the doctor for it. now that I have one again, I don't have any insurance. I used monistat 1 for it this time. I am curious just how do I know its working? my pain and itching and swelling have decreased, but I am still having a lot of white clumpy discharge. I still feel that there is a problem down there, but it isn't crippling now. is that normal. and with the monistat one, (which I won't use again) there came a night of no sleep because it amplified everything by 100!!! itching and burning!!! so what is normal for a yeast infection when it is clearing up?

i tried to use monistat, but when i used it, it did absolutely nothing at all for me, i still have discharge

I am using it now. I am on day 7. No itching....still have clumpy stuff. I am not sure whether I shoudl start a 3-day treatment now or what.

I've taken monistat 1 and am on my day 7. Its taken care of the itching and everything but I still have white discharge. I'm not sure if its the pill or myself! Does anyone know how long it takes for the pill to disappear??

I have used Monistat before and it worked for me. I usually get the
3 or 7 day. The 1day works too, but it still takes about a week to kick
in even though it was just dose.
If a yeast infection treatment amplified everything, your problem is not
a yeast infection. That happened to me before and it was a bacterial infection. You might want to see a doctor. Also stores are carrying the at home yeast infection tests now. You all should be able to find it in Walmart
in the vaginal section.

I used the Monistat 1 six days ago with the topical cream. The symptoms decreased right away, but did not completely disappear. It seems that while I'm at work and my mind is not on the situation I notice no symptoms, but in the evenings and especially at night my symptoms seem to slightly reappear. The leaflet in the package states that it can take up to seven days to get rid of the yeast infection. I believe each day is better than the previous day.

I think the clumply discharge is the Monistat 1 slowly breaking down and leaving the "area'. For me, after about 4-5 days there was no longer the clumpy discharge.

I used the Monistat 1 Soft Ovule Insert about two days ago, and although the syptoms have not completely disappeared I feel 10 times better than I did two days ago. I had burning, itching, swelling, painful urination and white clumpy discharge. It was disgusting... I knew it was a yeast infection and not a bacterial infection because I was taking antibiotics and a vaginal yeast infection was one of the side effects. When I first started using it the topical cream made me feel much better until night time when the symptoms were magnified by 10,000!!!! But after that intial day the symptoms calmed down a bit and I fell much better. I still have slight itchiness and discomfort but the rawness of my vulva is healing and the discharge is slowing down. Urination is no longer painful as long as I don't scratch. I think next time though I will use a lesser dosage maybe the three day or seven day treatment.

i took monistat(the prefilled one time applicator with like the gel stuff in it..) and this is my 3rd full day after using it, and i dont know about any of you, but does your bum kind of itch too? near your vagina? I dont know if it matters, but I also just shaved "down there" about..a week ago, so I dont konw if some of the itching is coming from the stubble, the yeast infection itself, or what. I also see white stuff that is yeast, i think, on either side of my inner labia. my white chunky discharge is gone for the most part i believe.
Sometimes dont you wish we could be men & not have such "high maitenance" privates?!?! ..haha...

okay so i decided to skip the doctor first and try an over the counter product so i chose monistat 1 and after putting it in a couple hours later it looked like the pill had dissolved and ended up in my underwear. I dont understand does that mean its working and its killing off the infection? cause at first the itching was horrible and now its not soo bad?

Recently I noticed a change in my discharge. It was much like what everyone describes when they get a yeast infection only I havent really had any itching or burning. However, I have had some spotting or what i think is spotting..im not really sure. Its a brownish color and comes out when i get sexually aroused. So i went to walmart and got one of the one day treatments but its still too soon to tell if it worked. does anyone know why i have the spotting or if that even is spotting?

This means that its killing the bacteria especially making it itch. and the dissolved pill look alike. it just means its working. but you should have gotten the 7day because it comes with the coolwipes so the itching wouldnt feel that bad.

Ok, that is the same thing I asked. It didn't work for me so I asked my doctor. He laughed and told me "that c**p doesn't work". My doctor is very cool, he wrote me a Rx for multiple tablets incase it ever came back. The pill works in 24 hours and is half the price of the over the counter stuff.

FIRST OF ALL, it's totally normal to have some sort of discharge. not having any, is abnormal.

SECOND OF ALL, i'm weird, and when i have a yeast infection i just have clumpy discharge, usually i get a prescription for "fluconizole" it's a pill you take by mouth-problem solved. the generic works just as well.

if your doctor doesn't know what this pill is, it might be time to get a new dr.

I used the 1 day pill one that you insert in your vagina last night. the pill came out all dissolved in my underwear today. when will all of the white stuff be out of my system? and is it normal for that to happen?

i use the monistat one day or night four days ago. it took care of all my symtoms. when i read the insert it said not to have vaginal sex while using this product; since it was the one day i wasn't really sure how long that really meant. when i looked online it said three days. my fiance and i had sex today (on the fourth day) and there was a whole bunch of white residue from the ovual insert... does anyone know how long this will take to go away? it was rather gross and embarrassing.