I'm 13 and uncircumcised. I stumbled across some pictures of what a uncircumcised penis should loo like erect. The skin was pulled fully back beyond the head. Whenever I pull my skin back, there are two little pieces of skin attached to the head. (One on the top and one on the right side). One of them partially teared and it kind of stun. What will happen to my penis? Will the go away or will I have to go to a doctor? My parents have never gave me "the talk" so I don't want to tell them because they disapprove when I make sexual joke or whatever! PLEASE HELP!!!

Hi Guest,

You very well could have some skin bridges.  They are common and really not a signifcant concern yet.  They should separate on their own.

The fact you can pull your skin back is itself a good sign.  Often guys can't until about 16 or so.  With normal erections and masturbation, you're bridges should resolve soon.  If not, see a urologist for a quick procedure to remove them.  Don't force them, it can leave a scar.

Good luck, hope it helps.

So if I just keep annually masturbating, they will eventually tear on their own? Is their any way to speed up the process?

Hi Guest: You are blessed with a foreskin. They are probably not skin bridges, but areas of lingering fusion. Baby boys are born with the inner layer of the foreskin fused with the surface of the underlying glans penis. This is natural, normal, and protects against infection. Over some years, the fusion spontaneously disintegrates and releases the inner foreskin. This usually happens prior to puberty, but not always.

It is not uncommon in adolescence to still have the inner layer of the foreskin fused to the glans penis. It is not a serious problem. Apparently, your foreskin has not yet released, although it probably is about ready to release due to your age.

You can try peeling the foreskin away from the glans penis to see if you can break the remaining fusion. Do it carefully and little by little. It may take you several tries to get it all. When you tear the foreskin away, the head will be red in color, where the separation occurred, for a while. Put some Vaseline under your foreskin to prevent it from re-adhering to the head. You may also try "ballooning" your foreskin by pinching the tip shut when you pee and causing the foreskin to fill with pee. That will lift the foreskin away from the head and tear loose the fusion.

If you can’t get it to separate by pulling on it, a urologist can help you. It is called “lysing”. Don’t let anyone sell you a circumcision. It is not necessary and extremely harmful.