I'm 14 and I have been stretching my foreskin in the shower, letting the warm water run over it, for a few weeks. I started doing this because I never retracted my foreskin and was worried about smegma building up. Well today my foreskin rolled back.. And there was A lot of smegma, I cleaned am much as I could off. I have this wierd thing though and I haven't found anyone with the same problem. It's kind of hard to explain but it's like there's these pockets of skin around the bottom of my glans. And they seem to have smegma inside them, there was a little bit of smegma sticking out do it was visible and I washed it off, but it seems there's a lot more of it down there. When my foreskin completely covers my glans I can feel a bit of a bump where this collection of what I think is smegma is. I can't pull my foreskin down any longer than it is . What should I do? Should I tell my parents and consult a doctor? Or try and fix it myself? Thank you

Hi Andy,

The pockets of skin you're seeing can be as a result of the foreskin separating from the glans - NORMAL.  It may not be complete yet. 

Yes, there can be a lot of smegma, it's NORMAL.  Clean it as best you can.  You've probably found your glans to be sensitive too, that's also NORMAL.

I don't think you have any reason for concern.  Keep an eye on it.  As you get older it should resolve on it's own.

Hope it helps.

I'd say just keep doing what you have been doing. I bet your foreskin will go back further as you continue, those pockets will disappear and it will clean out just fine.

Hi Andy:

You are seeing those pockets because your foreskin has not yet finished separating.

You are blessed with a protective, highly-innervated, erogenous full-length foreskin. Many unforeskinned guys would envy your foreskin. You display great wisdom in wanting to avoid circumcision.

Baby boys are born with the inner layer of the foreskin fused with the surface of the underlying glans penis. This is natural, normal, and protects against infection. Over some years, the fusion spontaneously disintegrates and releases the inner foreskin. This usually happens prior to puberty, but not always.It is not uncommon in adolescence to have the inner layer of the foreskin still fused to the glans penis. It is not a serious problem.Apparently, your foreskin has not yet released, although it probably is about ready to release due to your age. You can try peeling the foreskin away from the glans penis to see if you can break the remaining fusion. Do it carefully and little by little. It may take you several tries to get it all.When you tear the foreskin away, the head will be red in color, where the separation occurred, for a while. Put some Vaseline under your foreskin to prevent it from re-adhering to the head.You may also try "ballooning" your foreskin by pinching the tip shut when you pee and causing the foreskin to fill with pee. That will lift the foreskin away from the head and tear loose the fusion.If you can’t get it to separate by pulling on it, a urologist can help you. It is called “lysing”. Circumcision is not necessary and extremely harmful.