Couldn't find what you looking for?


hi i'm 14, on a part of my penis theirs a strip that has attached it self to the head and instead of having the dint thingie all around the head theirs abit about 1cm that flat and as if the head is just with the foreskin. i really dont know what to do and everytime i get erections it pulls and pinches and it really hurts, i also have tight foreskin but its getting better by stretching it, but then the part of attached skin is really tight.  i was tring to stretch it and i split one of the bits and now its healed and back to normel like the rest of the head but it wasnt even half of the strip.Please tell me whats wrong because i really dont want to tell my parents or go to the doctors. Thanks in advance.


Look up frenulum and tell us if that is what you are seeing?

If not, and the foreskin is still attached to the head, it should separate naturally, 14 is getting late.

You may want to mention it to your doctor next time you go for a checkup.


thats not what i'm seeing. thanks for your help and advise:)


Hi awarren1:

It is not clear whether you are referring to your frerulum, a fusion, or both.

It is normal to have a strip of skin called the frenulum at the bottom of the head. That piece of skin at the bottom of the glans is called the frenulum. It is normal and it is supposed to be there. The frenulum serves to limit the rearward travel of the foreskin. The frenulum has a high level of sensation.

If your foreskin bunches up behind the head when you retract you most likely have a short frenulum (frenulum breve). Test it by pulling back on the foreskin. If the head of your penis bends down when you pull back your foreskin, you have frenulum breve.

You can stretch the frenulum manually just like you do your foreskin. That is the best course of action if the frenulum is too short to permit your foreskin to retract. Search the Internet for:

“How to Fix Phimosis and Tight Foreskins, Solutions That Work”

and you will find the information you need.

There also is a minor operation to relieve the frenulum, called frenuloplasty and another called frenectomy. One of these might be necessary, if the stretching does not work. Urologists do this.

You may also have some lingering fusion.

Baby boys are born with the inner layer of the foreskin fused with the surface of the underlying glans penis. This is natural, normal, and protects against infection. Over some years the fusion spontaneously disintegrates and releases the inner foreskin. This usually happens prior to puberty, but not always.

It is not uncommon in adolescence to have the inner layer of the foreskin still fused to the glans penis. It is not a serious problem.

Apparently, your foreskin has not yet released, although it probably is about ready to release due to your age. You can try peeling the foreskin away from the glans penis to see if you can break the remaining fusion. Do it carefully and little by little. It may take you several tries to get it all.

When you tear the foreskin away, the head will be red in color, where the separation occurred, for a while. Put some Vaseline under your foreskin to prevent it from re-adhering to the head.

If you can’t get it to separate by pulling on it, a urologist can help you. It is called “lysing”. Don’t let anyone sell you a circumcision. It is not necessary and extremely harmful.