Hi, I’m 17 and I think I have sebaceous prominence. Actually, I believe I’ve had it for two years. I’m really embarrassed because of it and I really want it to go away!! I’m also very embarrassed to see the doctor about it too… IS there anything that can help me?

Sebaceous prominence is entirely normal and almost every single man has it. There is no treatment for it nor should you try to have one. But, you should see someone to help you with it. If you are to embarrassed to see your doctor, then visit a genitor-urinary clinic. And don’t worry – they will be discrete – after all they’ve seen hundreds of such cases and you won’t be any different.

I am 12 years old and have Sebaceous Prominence. My father told me it was completely normal and that it goes away when your older, but if I do go to a genitor-urinary clinic, is their any way of getting these bumps reduced in size? I've heard of something that reduces sebaceous glands all over the body and if this will work I will try it.

Hi there! I also have SP. I freaked at first but then I noticed that my girlfriend didn’t maing them, which was a bit of a relief. I mean they weren’t so visible, only when I would pull my foreskin a little bit.

Are your visible without retracting foreskin? All the information I managed to get is that SP is a normal variant of a penis, that I should learn to cope with it.

I think that maybe someone mentioned some freezing but I am not sure if they talked about SP or Pearly Penile Papules. Anyway, I wouldn’t do it either way if it is neceserry and everybody says it is.

Do they bother you so much? You can’t reduce sebaceous glands…maybe their sebum production by proper nutrition or something just like with zits. IS that what you had in mind or you heard something else?

I mean I would gladly get rid of SG if there were a way apart from freezing.

Hi there! Apparently I made a mistake about not being able to reduce the glands. I found out about Accutane that works by inhibiting sebaceous gland function and physically shrinks the glands. This drug can be very dangerous though and cause severe side effects. It is used for treated skin condition called roascea and also severe forms of acne that have been resistant to other forms of treatment. I have been reading about this drug before and it is not really safe, so please, don’t do anything on your own, especially because you’re so young.

Is this what you had in mind?

Accutane is not nearly as dangerous as you make it sound. I personally was on it for about 6 months, and the only side effects were dryness and being susceptable to sun burn. The dermatologists have to warn you about a small chance of mental disorder because a couple of people just happened to commit suicide while on the drug. There is no proof that accutane was the cause, or had any role for that matter, of the suicides.

Try an application of OXY Maximum 2x a day. It will be gone within a week.

Doctors consider anything normal that they do not know how to treat.

OXY maximum?? have you tried this yourself? i doubt this could shrink sebaceous glands.

use neutrogena on-the-spot 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide. 2 - 2xs a day, its working for me.

Hi, i really worried, and embarrased, i have a lump, when i pull my foreskin back fully it is visible and is behid the skin, it's quite large and im worried, i am to embarrased to see a doctor, any ideas of what it could be??? ask any questions.

hello i am 15 years old i also have these lumps though they are very small yellowy whitish and they are less than 1mm in size and there are lots of them. i have had no sex or oral sex and i need to find out wether they can be removed because they embarass me and i am fairly close to getting to 2nd base :S GMU was mentioned earlier where can i find my local clinic and will it cost me anything because i dont want to tell my parents because it is fairly embaressing :-( 1) what are these spots? 2) can you get rid of them? 3) where can i get treatment without getting my parents involved? ANY reply will not go without great appreciation as i am very confused and embaressed about my condition