I just had surgery on Tuesaday of this past week. It is now Friday and I am still experiencing a strong throbbing pain. I had a cluster of hemorhoids removed, including one that, from what the surgeon said, was on an artery and bleeding heavily. Is that where the throbbing pain is coming from, the hemorhoid removed by the artery?? It seems to throb in time with my pulse. I have tried Vicodine and now have moved to Percoset, along with several sitz baths and still nothing seems to stop the throbbing. I'm miserable and can't seem to stop focusing on the pain that this is causing. I have noticed that when I have to have a bowel movement the throbbing does increase and I've dragged myself to the bathroom to relieve it. ( I never knew how afraid I can be about going to the bathroom following this surgery!) But it still continues after. Just not sure what to do and am looking for some help.

Well its been a week, what did your dr say. I had a bunch removed and you have to be home for two weeks from work. The throbbing is normal after the surgery it drove me bonkers. Taking tylenol extra strength will be better, every 4 hrs on the dot. The vicodin and percocet are horrible for making you constipated. Take sitz baths numerous times a day, and a hot water bottle under my butt while sitting helped greatly.
HW bottle 5 bucks from Walmart, best $5.00 i ever spent along with the $15.00 for the sitz bath. I was prepared my surgeon told me straight up its going to be painful, so be prepared and have everything at hand.

Once Monday rolled around the throbbing stopped, at least in the area of surgery. My anus is throbbing now....but I think it's because of the swelling and after bowel movements. Although that's much more tolerable than the other pain. You're right that it can drive a person crazy. I am still taking Percocet and Vicodin but slowly weaning myself off. I'm a lot of Citricel and Colace so I haven't had to much of the constipation....but I DO have to get off of the pain meds! The sitz baths have helped too, but I haven't tried the hot water bottle. I will work on that.....thanks!

I had this surgery at 4 PM on Friday and it is now 5:30 AM Sunday Morning. I was in agonizing pain Friday night and most of Saturday. While the throbbing is still prevalent right now, it's no where near as bad as before my first BM. For those of you needing to accomplish that, try milk of magnesia - I promise after the first movement it's going to begin to feel better. The throbbing comes and goes now, and I expect that it's going to get better. All my best to all of you who were brave enough to endure this procedure.

I hope this entry may help fellow patient whom just received hemorrhoid sugery.

I had mine done on 28/Oct/14 and had 4 chunks removed. The nurses tried to get me to urine 3 hrs post ops but i have serious difficulty in urinating and defacated immediately after 2 minutes trying to urine.You can consider that would be my first BM.Severe intense pain and administered a pain relief jab right after it.

Subsequent after discharged on the very same evening, i had another BM 5hrs (5.45am).with same pain intensity.

The pain was very intense with hot scalding sensation and this sensation reactivate right after subsequent BM on weds and thurs. recovery time around 3hrs

It is friday (31/oct) today, and the intense hot scalding sensation had gone away quick after Friday BM but this time wise the throbbing pain magnified within the anus cavity. Im thinking this might be due to the recent fresh wound in direct contact with the swell thus drastically increased the sensitivity (bad sensitivity). The thobbing pain is tolerable within my pain threshold but the lost of ability to find a position to relief the sensitive throb drives me crazy. Recover time 2.5hrs

I shall update the improvement/recovery progress.

Hope it helps fellow Post-op H-Sugery patient and peace of mind.

X

Recovery period takes about 2-3 weeks. If your surgery wound does not heal after such period, your most likely to experience throbbing pain. 

I’m post op 6 days. I was very concerned about the throbbing and burning as well- it didn't become a problem until yesterday- i did some light stretching and paid for it with a sleepless, intensely painful night. I believe it has to do with the nerve packed perineal and rectum being stretched. Therefore i will avoid stretching except for bms. I used a frozen diaper and 3 ibuprofen and it helped. Hang in there! This thread has been very helpful and a good place to vent.

I am going to try the hot water bottle. I had this done on Friday the 2nd and today is the 5th and I am still throbbing I can't sleep the pain pills don't do anything for me but I will try the ibuprofen thank you