Hey.

I've been dating a girl for just over three months now, we have unprotected sex regularly. About one weekend ago right after we had sex, the lip at the bottom of my penis head was stinging.

It went away after a bit (like 30 mins), but then when we had sex again a few days later I noticed it was stinging during sex, where the foreskin pulls back under the head of my penis. A day or two after that I noticed small tiny pimples appearing on the head (only where my foreskin covers it when it is flacid, so basically the bottom half of the head, and right below the head on the skin that is covered by the foreskin), and when my foreskin is pulled back, underneath the lip of the penis on the skin. There is some redness. The pimples are extremely tiny.

It doesn't hurt, except during sex it stings a bit, and when it gets wet when I try to wash it in the shower. It is rarely itchy, and when it is it seems to only be when I'm thinking about it, because I am worried it might be an STD. Particularly Herpes, although I have tried to research what I have and I don't think pics of herpes resemble it.

A sidenote that may or may not make a difference, there have been a few times over the past month when I haven't showered after sex for a day or two. Also, my girlfriend just found out she has a Urinary Tract Infection. It also seems like the pimples are easier to see/most evident when I've recently had sex (ie if its been a few days they seem less noticeable).

If anyone knows what this might be, or has suggestions for how I could treat it (I've read if it's balanitis, a cream can be used? Which one/kind?), let me know.

Also, if I go see a doctor, which I probably will, can I just go to my family doctor or do I need to see a specialist?
Thanks a lot.

She has a urinary tract infection you probably just got it from her. You can be treated in one dose. But get tested for stds also because you never know what it could be. But dont have sex ntil she is cured and until you are cured because if you do it will just keep gettin passed back and forth.

UTI's are not contagious.

If she has a urinary tract its caused by bacteria that gets into her pee hole and infects her urine. And she coul pobbibly have a yeast infection too. but i wouldnt think that you would get bumps or anything so idk what it could be.

Update: today the spots are less visible, almost gone. But if I pull foreskin back there is a white residue. Anyone else?

It’s not likely that what you are experiencing is related to your girlfriend’s UTI. It actually sounds like you have what are called pearly penile papules. These are benign pimple-like growths that usually appear around the crown, or rim, of the penis, and they are more common in uncircumcised men. They are not contagious, but it is not unusual for them to cause some discomfort during sex. It is important that you see a doctor to rule out any other possibilities, and if you prefer, you can have the papules removed in an outpatient procedure. I would also suggest that you try a penis health cream (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil) with vitamins and antioxidants to support healthy cell regeneration and soothe irritated penis skin.

Good luck!

Alex, PhD