Hi, guys. My friend has been diagnosed with something called paranoid frantic psychosis. It seems that he has a total detachment from reality. I would really like to know whether this is common for this kind of people. I would really be grateful if someone knew to answer me. Thanks, folks.

Hello, there. Total detachment from reality is quite normal for people with paranoid frantic psychosis. They have built their own world. They usually have the idea that some organization or a system is against them. They think that they are being followed. They are always listened by others. This is a difficult psychosis since it is really resistant to therapy. Your friend should be persistent in his therapy. I hope he will be all right as much as possible. Bye!

Hi there,
Paranoid frantic psychosis is a break with reality that includes extreme fear and anxiety associated with delusions. You have to understand that paranoia is a common feature of many delusions. There are several reasons that can lead to development of paranoid psychosis. There are certain medications that can lead to this condition. You have to understand that medication has side effects and some can be very severe in some cases. I think that the best option for your friend is psychotherapy. Do you know if he is on any medication right now and if he started his psychotherapy? It is not advised to leave this condition untreated because things can get complicated.
Best wishes,
Marco