A guy at my work has been displaying so much strange and paranoid behaviour over the last few months that I am seriously beginning to think he has a paranoid frantic psychosis. I really want to convince him to get some help before it is too late and he loses his job, and perhaps his family as well. How can I gain trust from someone with a paranoid frantic psychosis?

My sister has never been diagnosed, but she suffers from something similar - is paranoid, hears voices and sees people who are not there. In fact, the reason she has remained without a diagnosis is exactly because she has refused to seek any help, and has cut out anyone who has tried telling her, even in the gentlest way, that she has a problem. The short answer is that you can't gain their trust, unless you play along with their delusions.