I've had a bummer of a time finding my stride lately, but my long runs have been stellar. My weekday runs are on trails, long runs on the road. Last night I did a half trail/half road run and struggled through the first half but when I hit the road KABOING! I felt like I could go forever. I 've had some problems with hip pain lately and I wonder if the uneven terrian of the trail isn't aggravating it? Opinions?

If you are in pain, I'd definitely say trails could be the culprit for aggravating it. That being said though, once you're healed up, I believe trails are a great way to mix things up and help put off those overuse injuries brought on by the unending unchanging stride of a treadmill or typical paved road.
My personal choice is the trails. Once I hit a trail, I get a 'Kaboing' and feel like I could go forever

must...go...there....
Is that even legal in your state, jrjo?!?! 8O Think of the children!!!

Everything is becoming legal here!! Last year it was fireworks and now we're going to be the 34th state to allow concealed weapons. You betcha shelfman, exercise your right to kaboing! Ain't it fun when the Republicans are in charge