4th of July is near. What are your plans for this day? Are you traveling somewhere? Are you going to spend time with family or with friends?
I really enjoy the fireworks on this day. They are just beautiful.
But I read somewhere that many people get injured from unprofessional use of fireworks. So be aware of this.

My plans for the 4th are to get up on my roof and watch fireworks while drinking a number of beers. I will be certain to be careful not to fall off the roof. I think that's important to do as well, because man would it be terrible to go to the emergency room on the 4th! I think it's a good idea that you pointed out that you shouldn't set off illegal fireworks because you'er definitely not allowed to do that in my neighborhood. Does anyone else have a local ordinance like that?

I live in the country and we also have the no fire works ordinance but...........no one really sticks to the rules. People on the street have shot off fireworks in the past and never got in trouble for it. I think we may be the forgotten ones out here in "them thar hills" it's surprising that we don't have an out house!!! Of course i'm kidding, we live in a beautiful converted barn.
This holiday we are just hangin at the house and will check out the fireworks at the school later in the evening. The 11th of July is our big pic nic at the house, we are celebrating 4 birthdays and a graduation at the same time. Fun, fun, fun. I just bought 3 buckets of daiqueri mix and 2 margarita mix. The kegs are on order and the hots and burgers are in the freezer. Folks will bring a dish to pass and i only supply the booze and the meats, the horse shoes and the volleyball games.

If you don't see me on the board for a few days after this shindig, it's probably because i'll be nursing a hangover, can't wait.

Well I hope that you will have good time for 4th of July. Buledog watch yourself on that roof. :-) We don't want to hear that you fall of the roof. :-)
And bbfeet you next ten days will be really nice. Two big parties. Four birthdays and a graduation, how many people will be there??? :-)

I all ready bought 2 packs of Heineken 12 Oz Lager, so I'll be having fun time also. :-)

So far, about 40, but friends bring friends who have friends, who cares as long as it's civil and folks don't get carried away, which someone always does. Last year our son in law had a few to many and drove our 4 wheeler into our pond, drunkin fool. Now it's funny, but at the time, my hub was furious with him. He had made the announcement earlier that if your plowed, stay off of any thing that moves, no one listens. I was just as crocked as my son in law and hub got made at me for laughing, oooppps.
And the band played on!!!!

Yeah that's right, you had better be careful all you country folk while celebrating! Don't go setting off any fireworks and burn down the forest or drive any more 4x4s into the pond. :-) I can imagine that he must have been pretty mad!

Wow 40. :-) Pretty much. But if you had good time then it is great.
I hope that everybody had a great weekend, and that you all had a nice celebration of 4th of July (with no fireworks accidents :-) ).
bbfeet are you preparing for next event? :-)
How did everybody spend their 4th of July?

Should of stayed home like i planned. A friend called mid day and asked if we wanted to stop over for a few beers and some burgers, we hesitated, but finally agreed. I was lounging in front of the tube and my hub was napping.
We went. As we mingled with many folks that we never met, we noticed an attractive Korean lady moving around the whole yard speaking to every one, mostly men. The other women watched her with grimacing looks. We sat down with a few others and started conversing, the MJ issue was quite a conversation piece. Anyway....this women, her name was Sue, came over and stood behind my husband and began to rub his shoulders!!! o.O o.O Mind you, neither my hub or myself knew her. I was looking the other way, deep in conversation with a few other ladies when one of the girls i was talking with motioned with her eyes that i should turn around.
I did. At this point, Sue was actually leaning into my husbands back with her half naked girls pressing up against him. He had a petrified look on his face and immediatly reached for my hand. I set my beer down and began to stand up, she quickly decided to go else where.
My hub mumbled something and i could see that he was nervous.
I didn't like it but i blew it off, Sue was drinking and i blamed it on that. Two seats over she made her way to another guy who was sitting alone, but did not come alone, his women was on the other side of the yard. We heard this guy say, "i hear asian chicks are wild under the covers" :-D :-D Sue replied, "how would you like to find out?" OMG, it was on!!!! One of the girls within ear shot ran over to the girl that was with this guy and apparently told her what was going on, she came stomping over to see what what going on.
Sue didn't go anywhere and just stood there. The guys women asked Sue what the hell was going on? Sue was very bold and said, "this guy looks lonely" the other asked what was her problem? Sue looked right at this girl and said, "look at you, all fat and dumpy, and look at your stomach hanging out of your pants!!!! Are you freakin kidding me!!!!
Now, we are country folk and we don't take kindly to any women moving up on our men. But, it was sort of his fault for asking that racey question. Let me tell you, the fists started to fly to the point where i had to get out of the way. This country girl wound up and round housed Sue straight in the face, fist closed, locked and loaded. One shot and this Sue chick was flat on her back. Now the girl turns to her hub or bf or i don't know where their relationship stood, and knocked him right out of his chair, then she picked up the lawn chair and threw it at him, followed by a full can of beer to his head, what a waste of beer!!
A few guys helped Sue to her feet and suggested that she leave, which she did along with a few of her friends. We all just looked at each other, now what? We decided to leave, to much excitement in one day for me. I heard Sunday that the girl packed her man's stuff and threw it on the front lawn and told him he is free to see just how good asian chicks are under the covers. Sunday nite he was spotted at a Rite Aid buying a 12 pack of beer and a pack of condoms, hmmmm.
So anyway, we should have stayed home like we planned. I am still a little annoyed with my hub, but it's over now, what a fiasco and there was fire works for sure but not the ones you see in the sky.

Wow o.O o.O o.O
What a story. Really interesting stuff. :-) I know you are a little upset because of your husband but you have to know that he didn't do nothing. The girl came to him. I'm sorry if this seams that I'm standing on his side but I think that he didn't do anything wrong. But I really laugh at the part where that guy asked that girl how was she in bed. And his wife was a real fighter. :-) Knocking her and him down. And yes a waste of beer. :-)

Great story BB.
I can hardly wait for Labor Day.

Labor Day is going to be off the hook this year. I've been growing a watermelon just so I can fill it with vodka, I've got a freezer full of ribs, and I think we're even going to roast a whole pig. What's everyone else's Labor Day plans?

My wife and I are going to North Conway NH to take our rail car on a trip through Crawford's Notch. She has never been across Frankenstein Trestle (Google it) in a little rail car (Fairmont MT19, CNRail Pumpkin version, Google it). I'd post a photo of it but I don't think we can. Maybe I'll use it for my ID photo. It's not the highest trestle in the state at only 80 feet, but the view through the notch is fantastic. Catskillarchive dot com has a nice picture of the trestle as it looked 100 years ago.

We run ahead of the Conway Scenic Railway's Notch Train in the morning and go about 20 miles beyond where they stop. Then we come back after the train comes down. We run on the Maine Central rails and we have to clear the switch where they get onto the Maine Central rails before they send another train part way up in the evening.

I just found a photo of the notch from Frankenstein Trestle looking out the windshield of a big rail car.
Google CSRR mountain division and look at 09/16/07. That appears to written by one of our club members. The Ossipee line is one we use regularly and the Wolfeboro line may be in there too. That's our main home track.

Just checking to see if my picture shows up when I post.
Ya never know, maybe I got it right.

Hi njoynlife,
Well I look it up on google and saw few pictures. It looks interesting. How long have you been doing this? How fast this things can go?