Do you tell your SO, roomie, etc, what route your are running, cycling, etc. when you go out.

Since I have returned on a limited basis to the roads, and under the circumstances, Jen, likes to have an idea of where I will be just in case I am gone too long. I do carry my cell phone with me just in case but she feels better knowing the approximate area I will be in.

Yeah. I even have maps of my routes.

I tell my family that's home at the time that I'm either going running or riding, but I don't tell them where I'm going, just about how long I'll be gone.

If he's not with me I usually tell him where I'm going. On rides I take the cell phone in case of emergency!

RoadID + cell phone

I have 2 Road ID's. One on my shoe, and I wear I set of dog tag's as well.

and I have the GPS for the watch, maybe I can configure it so she can actaully see where I am at. :?

On the long runs (8+), I tell Tracy the route. More often than not she will drive by to check on me and/or bring me water. On the shorter ones, she just likes to know how long I'll be gone.

Since most of my runs from home are out & back or a hand full of loops, I do let my mrs know which one I'll be on and the approx time it'll take. Only once can I remember she came driving out to find me, but that was a 50-mile bike and I waaay underestimated how long it would take and I was within 7 miles when she came lookin'. Otherwise 23 years of wandering the roads/trails and haven't had the need to phone.... <knock on wood>

I give an almost exact time I will be back. Sometimes my course changes so I do not tell the course.

I have the road i.d. and most of the po po know me so she knows my being identified would be pretty easy should I get hit in an accident.

In long runs I usually do multiple short loops.
I also run on main roads near my home so she could find me if there were a real problem.

I am so showing Art this! Tracy is a saint. Go buy her flowers.

I usually run at the lakes, but I never say where I'm going or how long I will be. Quite honestly, I don't want them knowing where I am. Besides, my roommates don't get up until the afternoon anyway.

I make sure to tell the wife what 'route' I'm taking...on my long runs I write my name and phone number on my wrist...

Road ID Dog Tags

I used to tell the mrs. where I was going, but really don't anymore. I do usually tell her how long I will be though. If it's a long run, I'm more likely to tell her where I'm going.

If Keith isn't going with me I tell him which route I'm taking. He knows about when to expect me. There was the debacle when I told him I was taking the river trail, and he decided to come surprise me with some gatorade. There are 2 parking lots for the park area there, and due to all the people with boats I opted for the upper lot to stay out of their way. He failed to notice the car there and was totally PO'd at me when I got home. :shrug:

Roomie - don't have one unless you count the plant. I live in an apartment by myself.

SO - don't have one, so no I don't tell her.

So, who knows where I am? Only me. I typically don't carry identification with me on runs either. :| I don't know if I could tell somebody my route because sometimes I don't even know the route until after I've run it.

On the bike, I typically carry a cell phone, a credit card, and some cash just in case. I need to look into one of those RoadIDs.