... running story you have? The weirdest fall or event? Been PMing a RRer about this, and it got me thinking. What odd event(s) do you think could only happen to you?

I tripped on a paper bundle tie once. I hit it with my front foot and it hook my back foot. I went down like a sail boat in a huricane

I always get jealous when I read other people's running stories. Nothing ever that exciting happens to me on my runs...which may be a good thing, no?

Someone pulled their car in front of Mr Aire and me and proceeded to ask me if I had written the article she had just read in the paper.

I admitted it was my article. It was about running.

:1:
altho, after reading rtpd's i think it's a dang good thing.
sailboat in a hurricane is a very nice visual RT

A friend and I were running in Eagle Creek Park in Indianapolis one day. As we are running, we heard a sound in the trees. We rounded a bend and there was a deer standing in the pathway. The deer just stood there and looked at us as we stood there about 3 feet away and looked at it. It slowly walked off and we just said "COOL!"

Yeah. I think that was the coolest thing.

Oh, you wanted oddest. Umm. Probably the 20 clowns that were singing an old sea chanty while riding a small BMX type bicycle during a blizzard. I'm not sure, but that may have been a halucination.

well there's the numerous times that I've gone to hit the stop on the mill where I forget that there's a bit of a lag in the slowdown and I nearly fly off because my feet stop before the mill does. It's a synapse thing. Seems I have a lot of misfires in the ol' noggin.

Had a red car get on a marathon course and kind of stalked me for half a mile until the cops finally got involved.

Seen two dead bodies, sadly one was a fellow competitor at a 25K race.

Edited cause the last sentence made no sense atall.

I had two wandering dogs look at me like I was an extra-value meal before. They looked at eachother and they looked at me. Then they looked back at eachother and looked at me. While I was searching for a stick or something they wandered off.

Here's an old thread you'll enjoy... :o

In high school cross country, i ran a meet at St. John's College. There were wild turkeys on the course and some ran with us (and attacked us) while were competing.

College cross country: as we ran and cars were stopped at a stop light, one of our guys liked to open the door to the back seat, slide across, and get out the other side...and continue on his run like nothing happened.

I've been beaned on the head with a few acorns before.

I think it was some of Cheeky's evil-doer friends.

I've been running again for only 5 weeks, and the weirdest thing happened in that time... about 3 weeks ago I'm cruising along, and I stop short because in front of me (I run on a paved bike path) a crow is eating a mouse alive, and the mouse is squeeking and trying to get away.

I have a hazy memory of a nightmare that night about it.

I've been hit by a Jeep in the middle of a race.

I've run a race where I finished 3rd overall TWICE. The race officials were farting around and I crossed the finish line. After a few seconds, they told me I had to run around a building before finishing (way to mark the course and way to put volunteers out to avoid any confusion - grea job! I'm still mad.). Everyone lived because I got my trophy. Had somebody caught me on the "redo" and knocked me into 4th - there was going to be trouble.