My father has problems with the rheumatoid arthritis. He was visiting few different doctors, and he was on few different clinics. But all those treatment he had received was ineffective. Then my sister recommends me one good doctor. He has prescribed him treatment with methotrexate. I am not sure but I think it is medicine used for people with cancer. Can it treat the rheumatoid arthritis?

Yes, it is drug which is used in some types of cancer like cancer of the lymph nodes. But also it can be affective with the rheumatoid arthritis. But your father should be careful because it is very strong medication. For rheumatoid arthritis it is used once a week and NOT once a day like in cancer cases. Taking of weekly dosage on daily basics can be fatal. If he skips the dose he should not take two doses at once but he must wait to his next regular schedule. If you start to feel nausea, fatigue, abdominal pains or other general signs of illness go to the doctor immediately.