I have been on birth control for the past 8 months and for the past 3 months haven't had to have a period because my doctor said I could just skip the 4 active pills each month for up to 6 months. About 2-3 weeks ago during sex, my boyfriend ejaculated inside of me and a few days later I had a little period. I'm not sure if it was just break through bleeding like I sometimes have or if I could be pregnant?? I haven't missed a pill or have had any signs of pregnancy but I'm not sure if its too early to tell or when I can take a test?? Can anyone help me out?!?

Hi Ali! So basically since you haven't had a period, you haven't ovulated - because the continuous pill made sure of that! So there is NO way you are pregnant! When the pill is taken correctly it is 99% effective, you get your period, and that's it! What you have done is taken your pill BUT stopped your period! And thus took away that 1%! You have to realize the mechanics of a period, your body - EVERY month wants to shed her lining, so you are chemically stopping it from happening! So it has been waiting and waiting and then took the 1st chance it could to shed some of that lining! So don't worry OK? It is just break through bleeding! Good luck and health!