Hello all. I am 17 years old and I am sexually active.

I have been on birth control for about three months now, and my boyfriend and I have been sexually active almost weekly (I see him on the weekends) for two months since I am on the pill. He makes sure to use condoms and always pulls out before he ejaculates. Here's the issue...

Febuary 1st through the 8th I didn't take birth control. My boyfriend and I made sure we did not have sex during this time. Febuary 9th I went in for a checkup and they gave me more birth control (three months' worth to be exact). I figured since I hadn't taken my pill in a week, I'll just pick up where I left off that Monday. So, I began taking the pill again on the 9th...

I'm two days late, and I have had all the symptoms of a period (i.e. cramps, headaches, mood swings, etc.) except bleeding. I figure I'm pregnant, I hope I'm not...but I don't know what to do. I'm on the green pills now, and those don't have any hormones in them, meaning I should be on my period when I take them. I'm not bleeding. So, what should I do? Wait it out, and see if I start bleeding? Or just take a pregnancy test just to be sure?

I would say take a pregnancy test as soon as possible. I too was on birth control, and my partner and I used condoms 95% of the time. I got pregnant. I thought I was getting my period at first too, I had really bad menstrual cramps (or so I thought), I was also very emotional and moody. Turns out these symptoms were because I was pregnant, not PMSing. I do not recommend waiting it out until you start bleeding. Once you do get a positive pregnancy test make sure to call your OBGYN (the female doctor) right away to schedule a visit. In the mean time if you have any severe or abnormal cramping, or a fever head in to the Emergency Room, as this could be a sign of an early miscarriage. Better to be safe then sorry! The cramps themselves are not anything to be worried about, they can occur in early pregnancy while implantation occurs and also because your uterus and your body is changing and expanding to prepare for pregnancy. I have had cramps for nearly ten days, and according to the blood work and ultrasounds I have a perfectly healthy early pregnancy. Good Luck, whatever you decide to do I know this can be a tough time for many young women. It will go easier if you educate yourself on all of your symptoms and options, then you know what to expect.

I don't think you're pregnant. Skipping the week of pills could have messed your cycle up. Or if you changed the type of bc pills you're taking that could have some effect. I've skipped entire periods because of birth control mismanagement. I'd take a test just to be on the safe side though.