Hello. I'm 19 year old female and I interested to hear more about one thing. Just recently I was talking with some of my friends about sex and one of them claimed that beside penile erection, vaginal erection also exist. Everyone laughed at this statement because no one have ever heard that such thing exist at all. But she was sure that she’s telling the truth!
You see, the thing is that only that girl which was saying this was sexually active and that’s why-it has made me thinking. I'm not sure no about anything. Can someone really tell me- is this d true- does vaginal erection exist!?

Well, I don’t know a lot about this but I know that much to say that your friend was right! Vaginal erection really exist but it is not the same thing like penile erection. When she talked about vaginal erection she must have been talking about clitoral erection.
You see, clitoris, same as the penis, is made from contractile spongy tissue and it is capable of erecting.
It isn’t so expressed like with men but it is still present and it is normal part of woman arousal.
So, from one perspective vaginal erection don’t exist and from another, if we are talking about vagina as a part of complete woman genital system, erection is possible and present!

The clitoris becomes engorged during arousal,

enlargeninng and being filled with blood

Just like a penis during an erection.

:-D
To clear the air on this subject, I would have to say that there is really no particular way for the vagina to achieve an erection. When a penis becomes erect, there are certain types of tissue that fill with blood much like a sponge would fill with water. As an earlier postr pointed out, there is an excited state that the clitoris can achieve where it too becomes engorged with blood (as well as labial tissue).
The friend may have been talking about an entirely different issue which is female ejaculation, which is where the barthalon glands are forced to evacuate from stimulation to the clitorial erectial tissue, or the G-spot.
In largely inexperienced females, a large squirting of fluid like this during orgasm is commonly mistaken for urination, which it is not.

vaginal erection? yes, the vaginal area becomes flush with blood and may actually looked "pumped up" so to speak. so yes, in a way , the vagina does get a healthy dose of blood flow during arousal.

Ok there is still just a touch of wrong information, so lets set it right. It's not the Bartholins glands that evacuates during female ejaculation , it's the Skenes gland. The Skenes gland is also known as the G-spot. The Skenes gland is homologous to the prostate gland in men. Meaning they both develope from the same embryonic tissue.

Males and females share a number of homologous sex organs. Ovaries/Testes are the same organ. The Penis/Clitoris is the same organ. If females were born males, your clitoris would have developed into the penis. It's not a coincedence that the penis and the clitoris is made of the same erectile tissue..they're the same organ. Female body builders that use steroids to get those insanly huge bodies, have a huge clitoris. A side affect from using steroids which is a male androgen or hormone otherwise known as Testosterone.

With the exception of the ovaries and testes, Sex hormones determine what gender a certain homologous sex organ will develope into. The Bartholins Gland is responcible for why the female lubricates during arousal. Oh, the Bartholins gland is also homologous to the Cowpers gland in males which is the gland that causes the male to "Pre-cum"

so to tell the truth, your friend was right....

when sexually excited, the vagina do erect. this is because
blood flow to vagina highly increases causing erection
resulting in an increase in size of vaginal opening...

actually during this time , vaginal opening becomes about 3 times normal..

XD ok, for starters, we need to lose the word 'erect'. (Info regarding the clitoral bump to harden is correct, and I spose one can even say it becomes erect. Personally, I think the word erect/erection simply needs to be saved for the male; let's just give him that one.) That is what happens to the penis......it lengthens, hardens, etc. due to increased blood flow to the area. The vagina does have increased blood flow, but it doesn't make it 'erect'....(unless we can sit upon the cervix and peek down at the vagina during sex) It lengthens, widens and lubricates, all to allow the male's erect penis to enter. To say the vagina becomes erect causes visions of sparring (sword fights and whatnot) to dance in my head.

Ive experienced a clitoral perking up in the presence of a sexually stimulating individual or situation. When touched it has hardness on the top part of it. Its great!

Both males and females have erectile tissue, and I think the amounts are similar for each gender. But, the amount each person has is as varied in women as it is in men (e.g. penis size). I tease my wife about her having a very large "penis" meaning a lot of erectile tissue. Her lips swell up, and her vagina swells so much it's hard to get inside. In fact, her contractions can push me out. I love this about her and don't go for the P/V sex until after she gets into this high stage of arousal. We almost always cum together this way.

You can totally have vagina boner. It's just really rare. They can only get up to 4 inches though. The clit will lift just as a penis would when it's erect.

youtube has several videos about this general subject
search for "stuff mom never told you"
there is a whole video on "vaginal boners"
there are three areas of hardening, extending tissue, one of which can increase to over 5 inches
this long erectile two-tailed organ is homologous between men and women
boners for everyone!