I am experiencing a lot of vaginal discharge recently with a desperate urge/sexual arousal feeling. I am not in a relationalship and have never been sexually active. I am too embarassed to see a doctor about this, so would appreciate if anyone can please help me understand the reason for these feelings. Thanks.

It's normal to have some vaginal discharge, as the vagina stays moist as part of its self-cleansing mechanism. The normal moist discharge clears dead cells and bacteria from the vagina. It comes mainly from glands in the cervix (the neck of the womb), and is slightly acidic, which helps to keep infections at bay. The acidity results from lactic acid, formed by 'friendly' bacteria as they break down sugars.

The amount of normal discharge varies from woman to woman, and with the menstrual cycle. Many women notice that during the week after a period there is hardly any discharge, and what there is has a thick consistency. Towards the middle of the cycle (about 2 weeks after the start of a period) the amount increases and it becomes thin, slippery and clear, like uncooked egg white. When this discharge is exposed to the air it becomes brownish-yellow, so it is normal to find a yellowish stain on your undies at the middle of the monthly cycle. There may also be a feeling of moistness and stickiness.

Discharge also increases during pregnancy. And during sexual excitement, vaginal discharge becomes very profuse because two glands near the vaginal opening (the Bartholin's glands) secrete additional slippery mucus, which acts as a lubricant for intercourse

if it too much to cope with and is making your underwear wet, you may have to wear panty liners to soak up excess

your sexual arousal feelings may be due to increased hormone activity.
it you feel comfortable doing it, you may find rubbing your clitoris to satisfy your feelings may help your situation.
I can give more informtion about this if required

To whitbyhill

Thanks for your helpful reply regarding vaginal discharge and sexual arousal. I would appreciate if you can share more information. Thanks again.

if you feel comfortable doing it, try touching your clitoris, the sensitive part at the top of vulva, just inside your outer vulval, lips.
its probably best to do this in bed at night when you are alone and comfortable.
these are different womens comments on how they stimulate themselves. I hope you find the information useful to you.

"To masturbate, fantasizing, or getting into an aroused state mentally is important. Also, for me, being alone is important. I use the tips of my fingers for actual stimulation, but it's better to start with patting motions or light rubbing motions over the general area. As excitement increases I began stroking above the clitoris and finally reached a climax with a rapid, jerky circular motion over the clitoral hood. Usually my legs are apart, and occasionally I also stimulate my nipples with the other hand."

Usually I lie on my back, my legs apart. I almost always have my panties on, as rubbing the clitoris itself directly is just annoying. I use one hand, two fingers together, rubbing up and down in short strokes right over my clitoris. As I get closer to climax, my legs tend to spread apart and my pelvis tilts up more. I don't move around too much, but sometimes during climax I roll from side to side."

"I use my hands and my imagination, and have probably tried every imaginable position and motion - the basic simulation remains the same. I use my finger to stimulate the clitoris, sometimes inserting another finger into my vagina at the same time. I touch only my genital area when I masturbate, because I am not stimulated by touching my body in general, as I am if my partner touches me all over."

"I use my third finger, moistened, to stroke and rub on and around my clitoris. My other hand pulls back the lips, keeping a gentle tension on the clitoral area. I alternate the rapid clitoral rubbing with a slower rub of the vaginal entrance. (Actually, 'rub' is hardly the right word, since it is a very light touch until just before orgasm, by which time I am very wet.) My legs are wide apart, my knees up-not much torso motion until orgasm, when there are strong spasms in my torso and pelvis"

"I masturbate with one hand only - mostly around the head of my clitoris, then gradually switching onto the head - always with a rubbing, back and forth motion. My other hand helps to hold the skin so firm contact can be gained. I alternately have my legs together and apart."

"I lie on my back with my legs together tightly. I use my left hand to pull the top of my genitals tight and apart so I can use my right hand to stroke my clitoris. I use a circular motion starting slow with a light pressure, and then increase the pressure until I start to come. The I slow down according to the sensation I wish until the orgasm is completed. If I want to come again I start over."

"I masturbate with an electric toothbrush. I put a dampened washcloth over the toothbrush and lubricate my clitoris with lotion. I lie on my back with my legs spread. With my left hand, I spread the labia to expose the clitoris, and I hold the vibrator with my right hand and gently press it on my clitoris. Sometimes I move it up and down, sometimes I leave it in one spot, depending on what feels good. But I never really get excited until I start fantasizing. I do not move my hips. The action is all with the hand/vibrator and my clitoris."

"I use my fingers only. My left hand holds the outer lips of my vagina open, and my right forefinger and second finger rubs the right side of my clitoris. Sometimes I rub up and down, but usually I rub in slow circular motions. My legs are closed, strained and straight out. Sometimes I will do this lying on my stomach, but not usually. It's a lot harder - I usually do that after I've masturbated a few times and I'm still frustrated. I don't move very much, in contrast with having orgasm with a partner, and I also make much less noise."

if you need more help or have any queries , just ask .

MirLou wrote:

i will do.

I found this very informative but in my opinion I wouldn't do it. I would save it all to do with my partner as in the long term it will less self destructive and more beneficial if u save it for u and ur partner together and id u want a long term relationship!

If you would rather not masturbate in order to relieve your sexual urges, then you might consider using an anasthetic cream directly on your clitoris. This will numb the organ and prevent you becoming sexually excited. You an use this as often as you like with no risk to your long-term sensitivity, and the bartholen's secretion will be much reduced.

Therre are many such creams on the market, but if you opt for one designed to relieve toothache, avoid the ones containing sugar. There is the risk of a fungal infection following the use of these. 

It happens with most of us or u can say it is natural for all men / women. Nothing to be ashamed of. Try to ward off your mind or indulge in yoga.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

I am 72 years old and recently started a new sexual relationship after being celibate for 8 years. I am aroused very quickly and have much more of a vaginal discharge than I ever have. In the past the amount seemed adequate but now it's more than enough. What do you think is the cause and or should I look into it further?

Frankly speaking, you should marry immediately because if this feelings continuous, you may go wrong.

I have done this quite a few times yrs ago but felt dirty.Becuz it's 2 b between a man & a woman.I've never been married,but been with alot of men & only a few satisfied me.It's been yrs since I've been sexually active.I'm now 58 & lately I have these urges of wanting 2 masterbate,really bad,but I can't.I don't know if something is different now in my vagina,but it's like I'm turned on.Don't know if underware 2 tight,but it's annoying this feeling.If I was married & had these urges,I'd b all over my husband.What 2 do?

I was of 5 to 7 years old girl when I started arousing sexually .. I dont know Yh in that young age I had that much Desire to have sex.. then one day I find my vagina pressing by hand to b pleasurable ... From that onward I start repeating that act. Satisfying my urge .one or two years ago I came to know that its called masturbation n some people use to do this . About 4 years ago I stopped doing that , I have got good self control now . But now i m bit worried about my virginity seal . I m virgin . 20 years old . I nvr put finger or anything inside my vagina . I just to press lip of vagina for pleasure . I wish I didnt lose my vicinity seal that while . Do uh have any Idea what can b harmful effect of doing that thing again n aging on my past , on my future

Your hymem should be fine if you've never put fingers or anything deep inside your vagina. When you do loose your virginity, I recommend doing it with someone you care about and feel completely comfortable with. When you are very aroused from foreplay the sex with be more pleasurable and not as painful for your first time. When the hymen is popped there will be alittle blood. That's perfectly normal. Also alittle masturbation close to when your body is going through the change to become a woman is perfectly normal, especially in moderation. It helps you understand your body to know what you do and don't like, and helps take care of sexual feelings, when you dont have a partner. Hope that helps.

I want more information on how to rub my clitoris to satisfy my sexual urge