A few weeks ago I found a small lump located just in front of my pubic bone. The location is to follow a vertical line up from between the penis and right testicle to about 2-3 inches about the penis and in front of the pubic bone.

I've seen doctors about this and no one seems too worried by it. Physical exams and a CT scan indicates this is not a hernia. Best guesses are that it is scar tissue from some surgery I had done as a child or possibly a lymph node.

However, my wife and I have also been having difficulty conceiving and my sperm count was found to be very low.

I'm curious.... Is it possible that this lump is an unilateral obstruction of the vas deferens? And if so, how can this be checked?

I suspose it's possible. Causes of vasal obstruction include vasectomy, inguinal surgery, scrotal surgery, and congenital anomalies. The incidence of unilateral obstruction in various clinical situations is unknown because sperm from the contralateral testicle usually is present in the ejaculate.

Vasography is the standard technique used to diagnose a unilateral vas deferens obstruction. Vasography is X-ray imaging of the vas deferens. A contrast medium is injected either into the exposed vas deferens at surgery, using a fine needle, or by inserting a catheter into the ejaculatory duct (which discharges semen from the vesicle into the vas deferens) via an endoscope.

Vas Deferens Pain is something that no one should ignore, for so many different things. Yes, sure that this can cause infertility in your case. Also, I am wondering, why someone has to wait to see is this lump going to go away by itself, will this pain go by itself as well. It is not an option, at all. When you think about it, it can be very late until you come to your mind and tell yourself that you need to visit a urologist. It is not a waste of money, at all! It is one step closer to your perfect health.