My husband had vasectomy done and a couple of days ago he noticed a small lump under the skin very close to the operation area, it seems as if it is on vas deferens. We are wondering since then what it could be! Does anybody know?

It happens very rarely, in about 3 % of all vasectomies ( I was among them as well ). The doctors told me it is a lump that was created by a leakage of sperm where vas deferens was tied off. They also said that the lump should go away on its own, and it did, but some men had to have another operation to get rid of it. I hope it goes well for your husband!!!

wow,im glad i found this forum. i have the exact same problem,left vas deferens is very swollen and hard,the right one is not as big,have the slight pain down my left leg ect.... now unlike all of you guys my pain develope after a vasectomy . could mean my ducts got infected ,or the doctor cause some nerve damage with the clip...who know. im going to seee the doctor tomorrow ,i will let u know what he says

If that lump is hard, sensitive and red, I would have assumed that it was an infection.

It's good that you're going back to the doctor. You need to be looked at again.

Good LUCK.

Let us know what he tells you about it.