My doctor recommended me to do vasovasostomy. He said it is a surgical procedure, which is designed to restore continuity and repair blockage in the vas deferens. Since this is exactly my problem, he was thinking this might help me. He said this surgery procedure must help me with obstruction on vas deferens I have. Could you tell me something about this problem and about treatment such as vasovaststomy.

First, I want to explain to you, that vas deferens is the tube, which carries the sperm. It is done from the testicle and epididymis to the urethra. From there it is expelled and mixed with the rest of the fluids in the semen. Men who require a vasovasostomy have usually had a previous vasectomy, but some men, as you experienced, may have an obstruction of the vas deferens secondary to congenital or infectious causes. I have to tell you that obstruction of the epididymis is most often caused by infections. These infections travel from the urethra or bladder down the vas deferens to infect the epididymis. About one percent of men who have had a vasectomy elect to have a vasovasostomy to treat firstly desired obstruction on vas deferens. The most common reasons for reversal are divorce and remarriage, death of a child, and the desire for couple to have more children after initially electing for sterilization or simply pathological obstruction on vas deferens. If an original reversal fails, a repeat vasovasostomy can be almost as successful as the firs, but the success rate for vasoepididymostomy is, unfortunately, not as high. I could only tell you should not be worried if that is treatment option, your doctor recommended.