the other day i was laying in bed and rolled over and my testicle felt like it had moved so i checked and i only felt one there, i stood up and i felt like a lump in my groin area and i pushed down and it felt like my testicle went back down through something and back into place and i think it is normal now. i do feel a slight pain on my left side of my groin above that area but it might be because i have recently had stomach problems and also because i have been thinking about it a lot. im just curious what this could have been, it seems like it is normal now but it does have a bit of pain down there.

I had the exact same thing happen to the exact same side. Now I am experiencing slight pains in my left testicle and through an hour of research and a professional opinion I concluded that I had damaged my vas deferens when returning the testicle to it's normal position. I would try icing the effected areas when possible and try to abstain from sexual activities until it heals up.

"Professional opinion"? Did you get this checked out by a urologist? Damage to the vas deferens is so rare and difficult to diagnose, I'm surprised any professional would tell you that without doing something like exploratory surgery on you.

You need to see a doctor if you are experiencing testicular pain that lasts for more than an hour.

Many men and boys have highly retractible testicles that can travel up into the groin and stomach areas with no pain or problems. Mine can travel nearly up to my navel under my stomach skin when I'm extra cold for long times. I just gently push them back down into my scrotum and they climb back up again until I warm up enough to relax them and get them to hang normal and low in my ball sack again. There is no harm as long as they don't hurt real bad and they don't stay inside your main body too long (more than 24 hours) where the body temperature is higher than in your scrotum. Higher temps kill off your sperm (until new sperm are made in 90 days) and very long term heat (months or years inside your body continuously) can increase the risks of testicular cancer and sterility if not returned to the cooler scrotum. I know other men who get temporary retracted testicles and they have kids and normal sex and just warm them up or push them down gently by hand to get theirs back deep into their nut sacks with no problems.