Hello. I'm 46 year old male and I have some problems to discuss with people whop maybe know more about this! You see, about three months ago I have experienced one serious car accident in which I have injured my spine. The crash caused disc herniation and soon after injury I had to go on operation. The operation went well but I'm still in bed and suffer from unbearable pains. I have changed several pain killer medications and I was hopping that someone would give me some information about some new drug called Vicodin. I have also heard that this drug contain acetaminophen- substance with some bad possible side effects. Is this true?

Hello. I'm using this Vicodin drug for several months now and I will gladly tell you some facts you should know about it.
Vicodin is a combination of two different types of pain medicine and is used to treat moderate to severe pain, acetaminophen and hydrocodone. So the answer on your question is yes- this drug contains acetaminophen.
This is very high potency substance and it can cause some side effects but only if used improperly. Acetaminophen can be damaging to the liver when taken with alcohol. There are also several other medications that can interact with this substance and cause some side effects such as medicines for seizures, medicines for high blood pressure, alcohol, warfarin, cimetidine and antacids.